Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help - problem w/Chi transformation system?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Paisleygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paisleygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help - problem w/Chi transformation system?
    Posted: November 02 2003 at 1:10am
Hi,

Please forgive me for the duplicate postings on this, wasn't sure which thread was best for it.

I was hoping that somebody could help me.

Last Tuesday I got the Chi transformation system done on my hair. This is the permanent type of straightening for hair and involves alot of silk type products (by Farouk Systems).

Well I had some initial concerns right after getting it done. My bangs were doing weird stuff and wouldn't lie down right. My scalp felt really really tight like I had some kind of helmet on under my hair. And then my hair looked like it had really thinned and lost alot of the thickness it had (like no body).

My bangs are starting to act normal again and my skin doesn't feel tight. However, I now have a new problem that I'm really concerned about.

There are lots of areas (like patches) where the hair, near the base at the skin, feels kinda hard or crispy. It almost feels like I've got a bunch of hairs knotted up, or they feel wirey. It's not all over my hair, but it's in a good portion of the hair. I had my husband look closely at the scalp in those areas and he said they looked bent. He pulled one of the hairs out and at the base of it, it was bent about a quarter of an inch.

Does anyone know about this type of straightening system? Did my stylist (who actually trains Chi for Farouk) mess up my hair - was it damaged?

I will add, that after she finished straightening/bonding my hair, she did color it (which she said would be no problem). She used Farouk products for the coloring as well.

Help...please! Also, if anyone knows of any other hair links where I could possibly get some answers, please let me know. I will be calling my stylist next week, but I'm curious what others have to say.

Thanks a bunch!
Paisleygirl
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic