Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The shampoo/Conditioners we used to know and love...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The shampoo/Conditioners we used to know and love...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The shampoo/Conditioners we used to know and love...
    Posted: November 07 2003 at 1:15pm
Today I was thinking, what happened to some of the shampoos/conditioners that I used to love that are no longer around?

Agree: heavenly fruity smell
Halsa for brunettes: claimed to give highlights, left my hair so shiny
Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific: remember that commercial? that scent?
Loreal Ultra Rich: another great smelling duo, it took me all day to remember the name
Jheri Redding: burgundy bottle, great almond smell
Milk Plus: white of course, with a great smell

Tell me about some of your old-time favorites that are no longer around. Walk us down memory lane!

Elissa
[/url]

Kgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 2:20pm
The old, pink-colored Salon Selectives shampoo and conditioner with the numbers on the bottles. They smelled SO yummy!! I used them in the early and mid-90s. They left my hair smelling yummy and soft. The new Salon Selectives is nothing like the old stuff, unfortunately. :(
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 3:25pm
OMG...lol. Some of those, bring back memories.

I may be showing my age here but THE ORIGINAL....very important here....original Herbal essence" I even thought the bottle was cool.

I don't know if they had a shampoo, but, "Loves Baby Soft"...we loved that scent.

Was there a line called Earthborn...maybe that was two words. I think there was a "green apple" ???anyone remember that?
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2003 at 4:29pm
Oh Sophie, I remember the Herbal Essences bottle! It had a pretty, long haired mermaidy-looking blonde woman on it, I think. It was a whimsical design!

I don't remember the other one you mentioned.

I LOVE Love's Baby Soft, it was a body spray. I still have some somewhere. It surfaces in the drug stores each holiday season, and sometimes I buy myself some. It's great after the shower.

Elissa
[/url]

Kateyez37 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kateyez37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 12:43am
I have so many, but can't remember the names (one smelled like root beer)!

Sophie, your hair color is gorgeous! I'm sure it's natural, but I would LOVE for my daughter to get that color - she has also been looking for the 'perfect red' and there it is. I wish there was a color (in the box) for the one you possess.

Beautiful!

Kris :)
Sophie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sophie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2003 at 5:34am
Wow thanks Kateyez....It's not me though...It's a model from a hair color add...and it IS definately color from a bottle....Redken color I think.

Reds are hard to maintain, but they are more georgous than ever....The key to great reds is to not be afraid of them, the richer the better. I'm willing to bet that there aren't many OTC reds like the one in the pic, because it is a RR almost a true red and sooo many things can go wrong when you are working with strong pigments.

Elissa...I remember the Long hair and whimsical look on the herbal essence bottle. I don't think my mom would buy it for us though....with all of the girls in my family we had the big bittle of Breck I think.

Hmmm Love baby soft is still around?? It would be fun to buy it for my daughter.

That being said...My daughter wears red. She is a red head to begin with, but it gets more washed out looking the older she gets. But she is easy to Enhance....meaning we just throw a Red semi-permanent on her hair and it brightens. Awesome.

luckycanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckycanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2003 at 12:51pm
What about 'Body on Tap?'
I used to love that!

papillon_purple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papillon_purple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2003 at 9:48pm
I miss the old Salon Selectives line from the 90's, too! Earlier this year I used the current formula and I didn't like it at all.

What happened to the Vidal Sassoon line from the 90's? I used to use it all the time. The bottle design has changed, but I'm not sure about the formula.
Elissa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elissa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2003 at 8:28am
I haven't used VS lately, but I have used it since the packaging change and it was the same stuff, as long as you don't get the shampoo and conditioner in one.

I almost forgot that one, I used to like it a lot.

I also used to like the scent and feel of the old Salon Selectives.
[/url]

luckycanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luckycanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2003 at 12:44pm
I used the Vidal Sasson in the 90's too, always loved the scent.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic