Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Color Oops and Re-Dying?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elecin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elecin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Color Oops and Re-Dying?
    Posted: January 21 2010 at 1:11pm
I just used Color Oops last night over my very heavily Feria color treated hair and it lifted about 90 percent of the color.  Because I've been dying my hair for so long, and the developer in permanent colors lifts  your natural color a bit each time, my hair is quite light after using Color Oops. 

My natural color is a medium ashy brown.

After using Color Oops it isn't an even color because the dye on the ends has been there much longer than at the root.  My roots went from being a Feria Burgundy Brown color to being a light brown borderline blonde with some brassiness to it.  My ends went from being almost black from so many colors of dye being piled on to a light ash brown. 

I'm hoping to re-dye with a Demi- Permanent so as to keep my hair healthy.

It should also be noted that Color Oops did NOT damage my hair at all.  

Has anyone used a demi-permanent after using Color Oops?  Or has anyone used a demi-permanent after a significant lightening? 

Elecin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elecin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2010 at 9:04am
It's all done, and I'm back to my 'natural' brunette locks. 

I waited a day after using Color Oops to re-dye.  I decided to use a demi-permanent.  I didn't want to continue to damage with permanent dyes. 

I used L'oreal Color Gems in Natural Brown.  For those who may be thinking about using this line, I highly recommend.  (So far.  I will update when it begins to fade.)  However....I did a lot of reading about the L'oreal Color Gems line before I took the plunge.  Almost every single review says the recommended processing time leaves the color very dark. 

The instructions say to leave the color on anywhere between 10 and 20 minutes.  My hair being super porous after the Color Oops and also not wanting a super dark color, but a nice natural brown, left the mixture on my hair for a total of 5 minutes.  (I had to work very quickly)

It game out evenly and with exquisite color and shine.  It was also left very soft considering using a permanent color, stripping out said color, and re-dying within 7 days of each other. 

Hope this helps someone :)
haller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2010 at 8:54am
I tried the same thing, but the demi faded really fast on my porous hair. I would say it lasted no more than 2 weeks. I hope yours lasts longer. It was definitely shiny and healthy for a bit.
LisaMarie337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LisaMarie337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 7:49pm
I have a simpler problem. I was brown and wanted to get back to blonde. I had such color buildup from dying it brown the past year. I had to bleach it a few times which damaged my hair. But I did chopped it off! But still couldn't get it blonde like I wanted it was still so orangey and had white roots. Anyways I used a demi cause i didn't want anymore damage and I used a meduim brown and it came out ok but kinda blochy I look like i have 5 different colors going on in my head! it was fine the first few days but all my healthy hair the demi started washing out and is almost blonde looking and reddish and the parts of my hair that sucked the color in are still so dark. But if you think your hair is healthy then a demi would be fine it will just deposit color but demis fade really fast.
Hair & Makeup Obsessed!
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 2:14am
I don't really know if I like  color oops or not.I used it a few years ago and it worked like a charm,taking out brown hair and making me a strawberry blond.

I used it again a few months ago and it honestly didn't seem to do anything.
Then my hair smelled really nasty for about two weeks,and I don't get that cuz I rinsed and rinsed and rinsed some more to make sure it was out...
I'm glad it worked for you though.If your color seems to fade you could freshen it up between colorings with color depositing shampoo.It does not damage hair,just deposits color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic