Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair Extensions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zoobidubi123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zoobidubi123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair Extensions
    Posted: February 04 2010 at 11:23pm
Hello,
Has anyone had these? I am getting some done for the wedding as my hair wont be the length I want it to be for the hairdo I want...

So if you have had them....

How long did they last? How hard were they to "style"? Any complaints? Any good things to say about them?

My concern is not for the wedding but we will be gone for over a week following it and want to make sure I am able to manage it..though hair will probably just go up do like to wear it down sometimes!

Thanks for your input!

Edited by Zoobidubi123 - February 05 2010 at 12:21am
Weave Master View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weave Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 4:09pm
Hello and congradulations!!!!!!!

Okay, hair extenstions are actually very manageable and easy to maintain. What type of hair are you purchasing ( meaning  curly, straight, virgin etc. ) ?
Public.fotki.com/1marilyn1 (Check out my work)
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2010 at 8:54pm
The type of hair used for your extensions seem to be your major concern: synthetic, human hair or higher quality human hair. The next concern would be the texture: curly, wavy, straight. All of these factors will weigh on how long the hair will hold up.

Synthetic hair is good for short term use and should not be washed and styled too often as it will minimize it's life. High heat synthetics tend to last much longer and can withhold heat up to 300 degrees for many styling options.

Human hair is good for short to mid term use. Once it is purchased, the hair is very soft and silky however if it is washed and styled too frequently, it begins to mat and tangle.

High quality human hair or remy human hair is great for long term use because it can be used over and over. Again, since it is human hair, it can be washed and styled as your own hair with no problems.

Finally, the environment will be your last area of concern. During the week following your wedding, do you plan to swim or be in humid temperatures? If so, you might want to choose a style/texture that will require the least maintenance. The curlier the hair, the higher the maintenance however if you get silky extensions and you have to constantly flat iron your hair to blend it, not a good option either. The last thing you want to do is spend your entire honeymoon in front of a mirror trying to get your hair perfect. I guarantee that your husband will NOT be worried about your hair. Wink

Good luck and congrats!!

Edited by ehairexperts - February 18 2010 at 8:55pm
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
jeaniexo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeaniexo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 5:52pm
Hi! I got a couple strands of extensions to try out and they lasted over 2 months! I used a copper tip that is super small and it clamps down on a strand of your hair.

Just this week I got a bunch of purple extensions put in. Remy premium human hair. Its soft but not too soft, I have course hair so I wanted it to kind of match. This time I used a glue application and it's supposed to last 3-4 months, though I'm afraid the color will fade before then.

Anyways, I hear this company called hair and compounds has beautiful hair but I got mine at Sallys for a lot cheaper because I was going for courser thicker hair, haha, sounds strange huh? If it's for your wedding, I think quality will matter, thats what will keep it from not getting tangled and it will keep it easier to manage.

Congrats and enjoy!

HABEEB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HABEEB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 9:40am
congrats!
and theyre great!! i have some. gorgeous stuff!

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 20 2010 at 5:44pm
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 5:47pm
I recently received a note asking why the board was not being monitored more closely for spam and asking why people participating only to sell their wares were allowed to remain.

I can tell you that I personally check all of the various topics on the HairTalk board every day.  I don't always catch things that may be subtle such as posts that look "OK" but on second thought are probably only a veiled attempt to promote private product lines, companies...etc., 

If you will please either click the Report button to point out posts that are suspect or send me a private message or even email me or Customer Care I will make sure that inappropriate posts are always removed as quickly as possible.  I will also make sure the offenders can no longer post.

I appreciate any help in this matter. 

Many times posts are removed before anyone sees them but some do slip through and I apologize for that.  It is not my intention for the flavor of the boards to be changed by those only interested in posting regarding their products or services.

Thanks again for any help via Reports, email alerts or etc.,

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 20 2010 at 5:49pm
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic