Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HELP FOR REPAIRING MY HAIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karima.angela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karima.angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP FOR REPAIRING MY HAIR
    Posted: February 25 2010 at 8:14pm
I permed my hair two years ago and it go to a point where my hair was VERY thin and dropping out. I stopped perming my hair last year in the may. I've put my hair in weave, single braids. And my roots have being growing back, but my hair is still in the half-perm stage. Now Ive texturized the roots of my hair. Now are there any procedures that I can do to prevent my hair from breaking because when I comb it it breaks. I have been using Aphogee Products, the protein treatment, shampoo and conditioner. But my hair still gets dry. Any advice is great and very appreciated!!!
starlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 12:50pm
Apogee is good. It contains protein but you need moisture to counter the dryness. Try using natural products with wheat germ, illipe oil, avocado, and soy butter.

http://hairbymother.com/page15.php?view=productPage&product=22&category=8
http://hairbymother.com/page15.php?view=productPage&product=23&category=8
http://hairbymother.com/page15.php?view=productPage&product=22&category=8
karima.angela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karima.angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2010 at 10:27am
ok thanks for the reply
miofit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miofit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2010 at 11:45pm
The secret to adding moisture to dry or damaged hair is deep conditioning. Try products rich in vitamins that are cream-based.
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 4:31pm
Try Pro Naturals Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment with Heat Protector, it helps strengthen the hair that's prone to breakage, splitting or snapping off, gently smoothes the hair, reduces Frizz and helps prevent heat damage, plus leaves hair healthy, shiny and resilient.
elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 1:21am

I ran in to a childhood friend the other day and I instantly noticed how short and damaged her hair was. This was the first thing I noticed because when I met her as a little girl; I was amazed with how long and beautiful her hair was, especially since her skin was as dark as mines. When I was younger, it was rare to see a "full" Black child with as much hair as she had. I was in awe with how long her braids were without having to add extensions like the majority of the little girls did, including me.

As I finished up my conversation with her, I thought about all of the little girls that I've known over my lifetime that started out with a lot of hair and either lost it due to damage and breakage, or their hair seemed to just stop growing all together. My own daughter was born with very little hair and then lost the little she had to eczema. She was left with a couple of strands of hair in the very top of her head, but other than that she was as bald as her bottom everywhere else.

During this time I was still looking for hair care products that were gentle enough for her delicate scalp yet effective enough to manage and strengthen my relaxed hair. I had noticed that my friend's daughter's hair seemed to be pretty thick and growing steadily, so I asked her what she was using. She gave me the name of a product and of course I rushed out to the nearest beauty supply store to purchase it. When I got to the store I was disappointed with how small the jar was and how expensive it was, but even more disappointed when I read the ingredients; it was full of everything I was told not to use, so of course I didn't purchase it, so I was back to square one.

LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 4:27pm
By far the best thing that I have found for breakage is the Urielpure Strengthening Conditioner. The best thing about it is that it works naturally. According to their site it is "healthy hair in a bottle". It isn't all that expensive either for how amazingly effective it is.

I rave to my friends and family about it all the time.

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Lara

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2011 at 6:12am
terrydemola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrydemola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2011 at 9:03am
Make sure your hair has been freshly washed and conditioned before using a heated styling tool. Knit caps can cause thinning around the hairline and temples. For African American hair care, you'll probably be using flat irons fairly often, if not on a daily basis.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic