Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for Tips...First time posting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rover1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rover1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for Tips...First time posting
    Posted: March 14 2010 at 3:13pm
My hair is Irish/Asian but I guess the Asian part is the most dominant. It's pretty long now and looks kinda stupid imo - dry, THICK AS HELL. kinda makes me look younger too. (im 20)

The problem is that I usually dont care enough about my hair to actually investigate what type of "asian" haircutting "techniques" are best. While googling "asian hair cuts" I found out Asian Hair is different. Obviously I realised this before but I never figured that it might mean getting a more racially-specific hair cut.
Also, every site I found seemed to heavily recommend A. getting a decent cut and B. styling it. I'm assuming that hairstyling websites will be a bit biased in this line of advice but maybe there's some credence to it.

So I'm wondering what to ask the barber. Normally I just get the usual (short back and sides, trim on top) - but this is from being lazy / unsure rather than particularly liking it. I would still prefer a shorter hair cut though.

I usually go to my regular barber: he's old-fashioned (shaves your neck with a straight-edge) and dependable, but tomorrow I'll go to the other barbershop (which I think may be unisex too) as they'll probably be more open to me requesting them to do specific things.

What I'm asking for are suggestions for my haircut - I'd rather ask here first because if I asked the barber tomorrow I'd be very inclined to just say screw it and tell him to cut it whatever way he thinks best. This may or may not work though since, according to some websites I've been reading, Asian hair can only be cut correctly by Ancient Asian hairdressing Wizards or some such bullshoot. :P

oh yeah: is there any way to get the hair on my crown cut in such a way that it doesn't grow in as thick, that wont look stupid?

i dont have the money to go to a proper hairstylist so hopefully if I know what I want I can get a decent haircut for a fraction of the price.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic