Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with one side of hair growing faster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
butterfly73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote butterfly73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with one side of hair growing faster
    Posted: March 31 2010 at 9:29am
Good day ladies.

I noticed that one side of my hair grows thicker and longer than the other.  Can anyone help me with this.  Maybe share your advice, education and/or links to help me keep both sides thick.

I figure you could cut the one side to mimmick the other.  I did that, and the longer side just gets thicker and longer and the other side stays thin.

Its only noticeable to me.

Please share your thoughts and expertise....

Thank you!

Shining Always...Humbly awaiting your reply

Butterfly73
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 2:23am
This is pretty common and is usually associated with how you sleep. Most people who favor one side over the other tend to have thinner/shorter hair on the side they sleep on. Try flipping over and sleeping on the reverse side until you can break the habit, then move to sleeping on both sides equally.

Unfortunately, it is a rather "sub-conscious" decision to turn at night however if you can try to flip over when you notice you are on the wrong side, it might help.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
shannel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shannel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2010 at 5:46am
Hi

It may be to do with using chemical straighteners burning this are over time, for eample if the chemicals are applied to that side first.  It may be to do with your sleeping pattern.  Try a pillow like Silkskin which minimises friction and doesn't absorb the natural moisture from your hair.  Massage the thinner section with jojoba oil to stimutale growth.

Hope this helps

x
Dwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2010 at 9:39am
I would have to examine your routine, but I noticed this with some of my clients that would wrap their hair wrong at night, before they went to sleep.
Try not wrapping it for a while or wrapping it in the other direction. 
Get on my list and your hair will grow like Repunzel's click here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic