Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hair growth stopped?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sayshell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sayshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hair growth stopped?
    Posted: April 19 2010 at 1:37am
Hi I have a problem where my hair seems to have stopped growing. In the last 6 months it hasn't grown at all. Its exactly half way down my back and I am really sad, I really want waist length hair more than anything, its like my life goal. Is it possible for hair to stop growing and start growing again in intervals? Anyways if I have to I will cheat the system and get hair extensions. I eat really healthy and am really really athletic. I have had a buzz cut my whole life so I have no idea if my hair can get any longer. Any advice?
I am a 22 year old man 173cm if that matters.
ehairexperts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehairexperts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2010 at 12:24am

Hair does tend to grow in cycles. Hair follicles tend to grow for about 7 years before they shed and regrow again. During that time, the hair may experience a retard in growth just towards the end of the hair cycle. If it has indeed stopped growing, there might be other factors contributing to this as well. If you are not properly conditioning your ends, you could be experiencing some breakage at the ends that will make it appear as though the hair has stopped growing. Try to condition your ends thoroughly as well as stimulate your scalp.

Several hair experts have varying opinions when it comes to how long our hair can grow. While some believe that if the hair on our body is predisposed to grow until it reaches it's maximum length before it stops (i.e. eyelashes, eyebrows, etc.), including the hair on our heads, others are inclined to believe that there is no "genetic" predetermined length that our hair will grow to.
eHairExperts - your article resource for all of your hair extension needs. FREE product GIVEAWAYS.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic