Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Friends and hair advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Friends and hair advice
    Posted: December 16 2003 at 1:10am
Apparently my friend cut her hair into a shockingly "different" hairstyle. I have yet to see it, but I've been forwarned that I won't like it. I know she will be looking for my reaction-I'm not very good at hiding things- what's the best reaction for this kind of situation? I'm sure she's expecting some not-so-great reactions...it's now a very "punk" style (or so I've been told). Any advice?!
P.S. Of course, to each his own, this is just not my preferred look. I'm just asking if I should lie and say i like it.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2003 at 2:41am
First off, don't predispose yourself so much towards hating it! Try to be optimistic instead, or at least open-minded. Most of the time nothing is as bad as gossip makes it seem. You might actually like it, if you give it a fair chance.
If you don't like it, don't lie and say you do, but definitely don't freak out about it, either. Just find a nice, amusing adjective and go with that, like if it's punky you can say it's "pointy" or "sticky-outty" or something. Just remember to say it in a cute, upbeat way rather than sounding critical, and it should work fine.
More awesome than a manatee!
portrgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote portrgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2003 at 11:04am
Don't just flat out tell her you hate it! Comment on something you like about it... or make comments that are true such as you're happy she likes it.

oh and don't go and tell people you hate it then... it will get back to her!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic