Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to care about my body again?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Seward002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seward002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to care about my body again?
    Posted: May 14 2010 at 1:22am
Im a short woman, and was pretty slim and in shape prepregnancy. Then during my pregnancy I gained 70 lbs. Now a few months after I had the baby, I only lost about 20 pounds leaving me around 200 lbs. But I just dont have the desire to lose it, to exersize, to look good or feel good, I feel so fat and I have never been this large. Has anyone ever gone through this and if so, what was your story? Willl I ever want to get back into shape again? It would be nice to be thin again, but I just dont care enough to even try.
tomsmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 1:44am
Of course can be returned.But you should exercise.You should eat less contain adipose
shelly12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelly12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2010 at 2:37am
You should go on a diet, eat more fruit, the most important is to do more exercise.
shinninglikeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinninglikeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2013 at 9:32am

Step 1 .Cleansing
Be careful not to cleanse too often, you risk over-cleansing skin, see signs you are over cleansing your skin. You really only need to wash your face at night to remove makeup and sunscreen, which can clog pores. If you have dry skin, consider cold cream like Pond's, which the French use or make your own organic cold cream using this simple cold cream recipe. Simply apply cream, then wipe off, no water needed (if you have hard water, it can be especially harsh on skin). Most women prefer the water method: Use warm water to loosen dirt and clogged pores. Use a dime-sized bit of cleanser, then rinse with cool or lukewarm water. I personally swear by my Clarisonic Mia, as does pretty much everyone I know who has one.

Step 2: Exfoliate
There are several exfoliating options that I use weekly. Here are my favorites:
A facial scrub. You can buy a great scrub or make your own. I prefer sugar scrubs to salt ones, but it's just a matter of preference. See my list of the best facial scrubs or try out a recipe using brown sugar and coconut oil in Make a Face & Body Scrub With Sugar and Oil.
A washcloth. Put a dab of cleanser and a sprinkle of white refined sugar on a damp washcloth and massage skin in a circular motion. After a quick rinse, any sign of dead skin is erased. If you have dry skin, try extra virgin coconut oil.
Microdermabrasion. You can buy microdermabrasion kits. I have and found quite a few I like. See my list of the best facial scrubs and microdermabrasion kits.
Chemical peels. In the hour it takes to get a chemical peel, you can take a year from your face. Can't afford the price tag for a monthly peel? Try some over-the-counter peels that work over the course of a month. I prefer MD Skincare's.
Retinoids. Retinoids (such as Retin-A or the more moisturizing Renova) also work by removing the top layer of dead skin cells while also generating collagen in the skin. "Collagen is the skin's structural fiber," dermatologist Dennis Gross said in O Magazine. "As we get older, it breaks down, creating lines and large pores." Skincare experts disagree on all sorts of things, but most of them consider retinoids to be a miracle skin saver. I'm addicted to Retin-A, which I pick up in Mexico on my yearly jaunts.
Should you use a toner? Some people swear by toners, but many beauty experts do not (I once read a skincare expert claim, "toners are only for copy machines"). Toners are meant to remove all remaining traces of oil, makeup and dirt, but a good cleanser should do this. I firmly believe it's up to you. If you like the way your skin feels with a toner. Buy it. Use it. Enjoy it.

Step 3: Moisturize
While I know of at least one famous beauty editor who swore skin doesn't need moisturizer, basically everyone else I've read disagrees and is an adamant believer in it. A basic rule of beauty is that if you have dry skin, you should invest in a basic moisturizer. So how much should you moisturize? Your skin will tell you. When your skin is tight, it's crying out for moisture. Be careful not to over-moisturize -- this can clog pores.
Moisture your body which is a must after every bath trey New Vaseline total moisture is the best option. It has moisturizing cream with milk, honey, vitamin E & glycerine

Step 4: Apply Sunscreen

The no.1 cause of wrinkles is sun damage, so it's important to use a sunscreen of at least 30 SPF from your early years on even in winter and on cloudy days. A great trick is to purchase two moisturizers: One for night and one for day that includes UV protection. Don't use moisturizers with sunscreen at night, the ingredients are not meant to be used 24/7 and can aggravate skin. When choosing a sunscreen, make sure it contains Mexoryl (found in my favorite sunscreen La-Roche Posay) or Helioplex, found in Neutrogena products.
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 10:29am
I could swear this doesn't even remotely answer the questionThumbs%20Down
amandagreen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amandagreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2013 at 10:36am
Ok, I will give it a hot and see if I can help...

I think this is very normal, while most women seem to lose the weight naturally and within 6 months others are stuck with it and naturally you get depressed and demotivated.

Before working on your body you have to work on your physical state of mind. It IS possible to lose the weight, it is going to take a LOT of hard work, it can be done and you need to convince yourself that you can and will do it.

One of the keys to weight loss is control. Count calories, go to the gym and count how many calories you burn. Set yourself a goal and better it every week. Dedicate time to going to gym and make a commitment to it to go at least 5 times a week for an hour at a time.

Talking to others about your goals in fact is counter productive. I have seen it a million times.

When you are done with your exercise spend time in the sauna, wash your hair, put on makeup and make yourself look pretty. It will boost your self confidence and your motivation. This is a process, it will take time.

Good luck xobodybuilder
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic