Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Problem with first full lace wig, Please help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ellablue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ellablue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with first full lace wig, Please help!
    Posted: May 24 2010 at 6:24pm
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but reading over your posts to date has been so informative and helpful!
I have a problem with my very first lace wig, that I custom ordered from Misswigs.com.
It is a blonde wig, but for some reason it has hundreds of black hairs all throughout the wig!! And these black hairs stand out like sore thumbs all over. And as the knots on these black hairs have not been bleached, they look even more ridiculous. Especially around the hairline, or where the hair is parted, these random black hairs look like I have gotten random stitches all over my head.
I took pictures of the wig and the black hairs that for some reason were included, and sent it to the company, and spoke on the phone to a man who told me that, yes, he can see all the black hairs, and no, the knots don't seem to be bleached, but there is little he can do other than have me send it back, and he would send it back to the factory in China to see if they can fix it, but it would be an at least 8 week turnaround time, and he thinks I'm just being picky, because all wigs will have some other colors in them besides the ones I asked for. He thinks the wig could easily come back with black hairs still included throughout the wig and yes, even on the hairline!!! Grrrr!!
As you can guess, these little black, unbleached knots all around this wig make it look absurd, and certainly easy to tell it is a wig.
I have rather severe alopecia, and was so hoping to have a wig to wear for an important wedding next weekend. I had ordered this well in advance, but didn't expect this difficultly.
I tried bleaching a small area of the wig with facial bleach (before I found this site and realized what a bad idea that was) and that lil area is now devoid of hair, as it burned it right off.
I have tried to snip out the black hairs using tiny scissors and a magnifying glass, but there are hundreds and hundreds of them, and I can't get the knots cut without risking cutting the lace as well, so the offensive little black "dot" remains anyway.
I'm just heartsick about not having a wig to wear to this wedding, as my regular everyday "hat" as a head-covering is just not gonna cut it with a formal dress.
Does anyone have ANY ideas about how I might salvage this lace front wig? Other than these stupid looking black hairs tied in all over it, and the resulting black "dots" all over my scalp that look so silly, I really love the wig! Is there a way to bleach the knots on an otherwise blonde wig that won't mess it up, or ruin the color of the mostly blonde hairs on the wig?

Thanks for any help in advance, I'm at such a loss, and have certainly cried it out over trying to fix this myself.

Oh, and btw, I have a very pale complexion, (as Irish as I can be) so these lil black dots look especially odd on my scalp. I thought I could maybe use some blonde haircolor on the roots, but am afraid the black hairs will only change color to dk, brown.....

Edited by Ellablue - May 24 2010 at 6:58pm
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 6:33pm
sounds like some synthetic fibers in the hair..and yes you can bleach knots there should be instructions in the newbie therad..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic