Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your idea of Great Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 2:49pm
And Lyris...

Well done for waking everyone up, O Skating Princess...Queen of the Rink...!!!
Uzi

princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 6:00pm
wow grenwich you have put A LOT into growing your hair!
grenwich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grenwich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2003 at 9:14pm
And I only discovered the hair boards a few years ago. If I had only known 10 years ago what I know now about caring for my hair!

Gren

1bCiii
between tailbone and classic (43.5inches)
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

Gren, your hair is 19 years old?

That's amazing - very impressive!!

You must be one of the longest and most dedicated growers on this forum - if not THE longest.

Has anyone else here grown their hair out for a comparable period of time?

Hi Uzma,

Clocking in here at 11 years... and counting.

Great hair... healthy! long... soft... shaped ends...

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by uzma uzma wrote:

And Lyris...

Well done for waking everyone up, O Skating Princess...Queen of the Rink...!!!

Agreed! Sometimes it's a matter of visiting here when you can, not necessarily as often as you might want.
Lyris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2003 at 1:05pm
"Queen of the Rink"....LOL, in my dreams, perhaps!

When I think of perfect hair, I see straight, shiny light brown hair at bra strap length. It's interesting how several people like hair that they personal could achieve or isn't too far off from their own (Uzma and Monica, for example.) So while sometimes we want the opposite of what our creator gave us (straight vs. curly, brown vs. blonde) perhaps we cherish an idealized version of ourselves as that which is best.
Look for beauty, and you will find no intelligence. Look for intelligence and you will find both.Proud member of the Cult of All Soft
Just lurking... View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just lurking... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 10:04am
To me it would be my own hair!
Its extremely thick, has growth potential for more than knee-lenght and a reddish blonde that makes it shine like gold in the sun!
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2003 at 7:06pm
Dave:
Quote locking in here at 11 years... and counting.
Great hair... healthy! long... soft... shaped ends...

Uzma: mmmmmm............melting........melted

Uzi

Tódia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tódia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 2:27pm
í like my hair as it is- although it could be a little bit longer, about waist-length. i can`t imagine 100 per cent healty ends... so i guess i`m happy with a bit dry hair with split ends... alanis morissette has great hair-i totally agree with you, brunette beauty! sorry for the bad english, it`s not my native language. i`ll try to cope with my english-maybe it`ll even get better by chatting with you.
LOL
Annette
princessmonica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princessmonica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2003 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by Tódia Tódia wrote:

í like my hair as it is- although it could be a little bit longer, about waist-length. i can't imagine 100 per cent healty ends... so i guess i'm happy with a bit dry hair with split ends... alanis morissette has great hair-i totally agree with you, brunette beauty! sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language. i'll try to cope with my english-maybe it'll even get better by chatting with you.
LOL

sorry to just butt in. i think you are doing very well with you english also welcome to the board todia!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2003 at 11:45am
On a girl, very long and in no way permed,
chemically straightened, bleached, streaked
or dyed. The color doesn't matter, though
lighter (not necessarily brighter - I like dull
ash blonde) MAY be an advantage.
Laine1998 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Laine1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2003 at 3:22pm
I don't have a specific description of "great hair."
There are some styles that look Great on some people, but wouldn't on anyone else. To me, if it is healthy, clean, and has body it is great! And, many people aren't happy with their own, they like the other person's hair. Sorry I was a bit vague there.
Erinlynn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erinlynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2003 at 10:59pm
Perfect hair.

For me I belive waist lenght to just a bit longer, full rich brown with intence red highlights would be nicest. I think straight is prefered becasue it can be curled. basicaly for my hair Id want it a bit reddrer than it is. Id also like it to automaticaly and magicaly be whatever legnth i feel like so i could have floor lenght tresses just for a little while and then go to short then waist.

as for hair on others. Ive seen gals with all colors and lenghts that i have admired and loved. i really like these natural large loose spirals ive seen on some people which i cant recreat. I also loved this one girls hair way back in highschool. hers was shoulder lenght but it had these perfect boing boing curls that wer no larger than your finger. her hair was a rich chestnut brown and she was very pretty too.
reggia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reggia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2003 at 10:14pm
For my own hair, perfect would be a return to "shine" since a recent cheap dye seems to have stripped it. And it would be free of split ends.

Perfect hair on others? Shiny/glossy hair with any cut or style that complements the face.
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2005 at 7:45pm
Rose Mc Gowan's hair is nice , I love the blondish red color although I think Holly Marie Coombs has the best hair (she is on Charmed). Nice color nice lenghth especially when it was near waist lenghth. She just took off about 5-6 inches still looks nice though. Thats how I would like my hair to look when it gets longer. I also like Demi's and Amber Tambylin's from Joan of Arcadia.

Peace

TLSF
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
mom2kaymae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mom2kaymae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 2:04pm

Originally posted by papillon_purple papillon_purple wrote:

It wasn't until I started dancing that I came up with an idea of great hair.
Naturally wavy, or wavy due to putting hair in braids.
Black or dark brown with sun-kissed highlights.
Mid-back to waist length.
Completely natural.. no chemicals to create the style - just flowing the way hair should be.

that's funny, u just described my hair :)

BSL and growing
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by mom2kaymae mom2kaymae wrote:

Originally posted by papillon_purple papillon_purple wrote:

It wasn't until I started dancing that I came up with an idea of great hair.
Naturally wavy, or wavy due to putting hair in braids.
Black or dark brown with sun-kissed highlights.
Mid-back to waist length.
Completely natural.. no chemicals to create the style - just flowing the way hair should be.

that's funny, u just described my hair :)

Hmm... pictures? 

mom2kaymae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mom2kaymae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 10:17pm
I would have to figure out how first and then of course 
BSL and growing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic