Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Frizziness

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chechi784 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chechi784 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frizziness
    Posted: March 09 2004 at 4:28pm
My hair is very long thick and frizzy. Its very rough and puffy. If there any way i can make it less frizzy and puffy? I use gel to gel it down but the gel flakes. Any sugestions?
kab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2004 at 9:31pm
I have somewhat frizzy hair myself, but I have found that with following some of the tips on this forum and others, frizziness can be minimized. First of all, brushing hair can help tame it (smooth the cuticle). Oiling hair can also help (just a little goes a long way; I use at night--a little on the ends before a "no wash" day isn't a problem, but a major oiling that needs a wash after will only produce more frizz in the short term. Altering your wash schedule can help--don't wash it everyday. You can wet it if necessary or do a conditioner wash suggested in this forum. The main thing is to take the time everyday to take care of your hair--brush it, detangle the ends, trim the split ends, especially for long hair. Your hair will respond to how you take care of it. Also, there are "no frizz" hair serums in most drugstores, but I cannot vouch for their worthiness as I've not tried them. Has anyone else?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2004 at 6:44pm
Hi Chechi784,

Kab has given many helpful ideas. For you I'd definitely recommend oil. Jojoba ("ho-ho-ba") is actually a wax, which most closely resembles human sebum (also a wax). It is an excellent choice.

I'd avoid the "no-frizz" serums since they're largely made of silicones, which coat your hair so effectively it blocks moisture from getting in, so in time your hair will get dry, brittle, and crunchy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic