Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Curly Biracial hair! What is the best flat iron?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Biracial hair! What is the best flat iron?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mulattogurl08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mulattogurl08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Biracial hair! What is the best flat iron?
    Posted: September 08 2010 at 12:44pm
First i would like to say that i am biracial (black/white) and i have very very curly hair! It is soft but tends to frizz at times when it is humid out. My natural curls are soft and well defined and when I flat iron it it gets smooth and sleek...My PROBLEM is that it tends to frizz up in rainy/humid weather. I live in a very humid area so i rarely wear my hair straight. I was recently looking through flat irons and came across a new type of flat iron called  "tourmaline" ceramic plates. I read that these types are best for straightening hair with less damage that a traditional ceramic flat iron. I have been using a Jilbere de paris ceramic 1'' flat iron for the past two years and it works great, however i tend to have to use more products after word to keep it from frizzing in the humidity/ summer.  Mind you i only flat iron my hair maybe once a month...i have started using Moroccan oil so my hair has gotten much better.. :) My question is which type/ brand of flat iron would be best for my hair to keep it smooth with less damage? Thanks! xoxo

Edited by mulattogurl08 - September 08 2010 at 12:45pm
alli161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alli161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2010 at 9:07pm
Hi!!
I can recommend you an awesome hair iron for curly coarse hair..
Its called KADORI. and its AMAZING!!!!
My sister has curly coarse hair and always use to struggle with it, untill I got her this iron.. Listen it has tourmaline ceramic plates (like you were looking for) and is infra red and negative ion heating so your hair stays straight and NOT FRIZZY all day!!
You have to get it..
I know they dont sell online just at hair salons..
GOOD LUCK!
bee_nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee_nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 10:41pm
My daughter is biracial as well and I use the Hotness Flat Iron on her hair and it stays straight all day with no frizz.
jennykang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennykang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 7:31pm
Sedu, Solia, GHD are all good for your hair type.
bee_nut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee_nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 9:32pm
My daughter is biracial and we use the Hotness Flat Iron to get the curls super straight, smooth and shiny and it lasts all day.

Video Review - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7q33Hqwx_k
askvivi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote askvivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 10:15am
I recommend the Karmin G3 Salon Pro, it heats up to 450f with temperature control, dual voltage, tourmaline ceramic plates with rounded edges which makes it great for also curling your hair. its really good :)
janeagrasser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeagrasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 7:22pm
Message deleted.

Edited by janeagrasser - April 22 2013 at 7:15pm
janeagrasser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janeagrasser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 7:28pm
Since you have curly hair the best flat iron for you would be one with a variable temperature. You definitely want to be able to turn up the heat. Although some flat irons get as hot as 450 degrees you want to find the temperature that works for you. Also plate size is quite important. If you have longer hair you should get larger plates. Make sure you check out reviews on the flat iron you are considering.They all have pros and cons.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 9:04pm

I have the Cortex Platinum Black series flat iron. It has a range of temperatures 100% ceramic plates and ion technology that helps prevent bacteria and promotes a healthy scalp. I love this flat iron.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic