Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blending body wave with my curls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
abritta3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abritta3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blending body wave with my curls?
    Posted: September 29 2010 at 10:10am
Hi all. I am new here.
I am not necesarily new to hair extensions but they usually end up badly or obvious so I am humbling myself and trying to reach out for advice...
I have curly hair (3a) if you're familiar with curl speak.
I am interested in glamour hair's seamless body wave. I definitely want the seamless and I have ordered from them and they have the best hair in my opinion so I am wondering if you guys think body wave is going to blend well with my curls?
I think I have heard that body wave curls more after wetting...
Advice??
Lexingtonnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lexingtonnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2010 at 5:40pm
I have a friend who sells Virgin Malaysian Hair & Closures.

Note:  This post has been edited to remove blatant advertising.  Please respect the other members of this forum by not posting your ads here.

Edited by Karen Shelton - October 06 2010 at 4:43pm
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 8:11am
Abritta-
I cannot help you with curl pattern as my hair is only wavy, and I use silky straight textures, however, I have used Glamourhair quite a few times.
They might have improved their customer service, but about 4 years ago, they were awful. Super slow shipping, ignoring emails, rude comments etc.
The hair itself, I believe, is actually Bohyme only with a Glamourhair tag on it. I think they tend to "borrow" hair and hair systems from other companies and label it Glamourhair with a little price increase. Their seamless is also from a well know company, whose name I can't remember right now, but they just re package it slightly.
If you want to save $$, just try some bohyme bodywave from some of the main retailers. I know Sherrie (extensions101) used to sell individual handtied wefts, so you didn't have to buy a whole 4oz pack.
Maybe you can find a company that does that, so you can get a feel of the bodywave texture without spending $100+ .
I would go through old posts too on the hair extensions forums, type the word "bodywave" and try to see install pics.
From my memory, bodywave isn't curly, it just has more body and gets very wavy. And holds a curl really well too.
If you want a real curl, you might want to look for another texture.
Hope this helps!
Jadie22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadie22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 7:43pm
I have 3a hair too... the only body wave hair I have ever tried to use was 808 and 909... and while it will hold a curl nicely that is done by a curling iron... it will pretty much fall more straight with a little body in it than a wave. I can't speak for Bohyme hair.

I tried to blend some lighter blonde pieces with my deep wave 909 hair because I have highlighted hair and couldn't find light blondes in deep wave... they looked kinda out of place, falling straight in between very curly pieces. I wasn't too thrilled with 909 hair anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic