Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Twin Envy!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Twin Envy!
    Posted: October 21 2010 at 2:23pm
      Among the women at work, there is this incredible 40 year-old redhead named "Karen". She has a fraternal twin sister. Karen has layered long hair, killer thick and beautiful, but she'd been frustrated with her layers and "damage",thinking of cutting it back to shoulder length to even it out. She  asked people what they thought, so naturally some of us guys expressed chagrin. LOL
     Well, the following week we fully expected to see the new haircut. But, instead, her hair was still long! She ran up to me and yelled "Good news! You're going to be happy!" Karen explained that she had attended a conference with her sister and mom that past weekend, and in the morning she caught her sister eyeing her (Karen's) hair. The sibling then queried their mom about who had the longer hair, she or Karen. The mom said it was Karen. Sis then asked if it was the long layer in back which gave Karen the edge. Indeed, it was. The sister moaned and cofessed that she KNEW she should have trimmed off that pice while Karen was sleeping! Shocked
     So, now that Karen knows that her longer hair is irritating her sister to distraction, the long hair is staying! Karen had never realized that there was a competition, but now that it's in the open, she's getting a charge out of it, and the guys are smiling! I suggested that she flick it next time she sees her. Angry Bob
Miss Burgundy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Burgundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 7:37pm
That's nice that she's keeping her hair. But I find it weird the sister had to ask her mom who has the longest hair. That's something she should be able to find out herself, just by looking at her sisters hair and then looking at her own. Unless it's like, only a one inch difference or something.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2010 at 3:32pm
     Big%20smile Yes, I've never seen Karen's sister, but apparently it was so close, a referee needed to be called it! The layered "V" in the middle of Karen's back sealed the "victory" in a competition that she didn't even know existed. LOL Blessings, Bob

Edited by Bob S - October 23 2010 at 3:32pm
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 12:23am
Wow that is an awesome story :) How long do you think they will let their hair get? Do they know about how much you love long hair?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 4:33pm
     Of course she knows. She had been planning to go short late spring, and she was surprised that so many guys cared and were not happy with the idea. But she was flattered that so many guys complimented her length and color, which is flame red. I have no idea how long it may get one day, and I don't think that she has a clue either. Best, Bob Big%20smile 
thart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2010 at 11:52am
That is awesome that she got to see how many guys complimented her. Do you think she would ever offer you to style her hair or anything? 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 9:58am
Friendly competition adds some spice to life! I bet her hair is beautiful, I used to know this lady with waist length red hair, and it was really great. She was mean as sin and I couldn't stand her, but even I had to admit, her hair was really hot!

Its weird when the long hair is on you, it never makes the same impression on you that it does on others. I guess that's because its so light, you don't even think about it being there half the time, but to other people, long hair looks so substantial that it is a big presence to them and they think it is heavy. (Or maybe I'm just nutty).

Edited by Susan W - October 26 2010 at 9:59am
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by thart thart wrote:

That is awesome that she got to see how many guys complimented her. Do you think she would ever offer you to style her hair or anything? 
     That's a funny question, Thart! First of all, I'm all thumbs, but second, I'd never make such an "offer". I think it would be offensive and inappropriate for me to do so. Moreover, I respect my wife in such matters. She knows well that I sometimes compliment and encourage women re hair length, but that's as far as it would ever go. Yeah, she thinks I'm crazy. She has been know to roll her eyes on occasion. Big%20smile Bob
     And Susan, ironically THIS redhead is the friendlliest, happiest, most bubbly woman that I've ever met. And her hair is truly off the charts, about 3" above waist length. It's flame red naturally, with the slightest wave, almost perfectly straight. Confused Bob 

Edited by Bob S - October 26 2010 at 12:24pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic