Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - i wanna new haircut - advice please! *pic included*
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i wanna new haircut - advice please! *pic included*

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
loveactually View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveactually Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i wanna new haircut - advice please! *pic included*
    Posted: May 05 2004 at 12:51am
hey guys, I'm new here. anyway, I am in desperate need of a new hair style..

i have long brown hair. never been dyed. it's naturally wavy/curly but i blowdry straight. it has few layers. i'm wondering if i should get bangs or not.. i don't want those bangs that consume your whole forehead.. i'm more into those bangs that are really thin and sort of long and kind of frame your face or whatever. kinda like britney spears or something, i dunno. anyway, look @ the pic and gimmie some advice, pleaseee =)

thanks guys!

pic:

&:

& go to: http://www.hometown.aol.com/jodie2526 for more pics =o) thanks!
"everytime i try to fly i fall without my
wings...i feel so small."
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2004 at 5:11pm
Hi Jodie, I'm Robert / PurpleBubba.

I'm really surprised no one else has answered yet as I'm typing this.

I think Bangs are something that are up to the individual to try and see if they like them for themselves.

I think you could wear wispy bangs, I think that's what you're asking for.

My advice would be to first check HB's galleries for pics of bangs similar to what you want. Also look for pictures of bangs that you Don't want. That's just as important.

The more you tell a stylist about the stuff you don't like the less likely you'll get it.

If you can't find pictures online then go to the local grocery or discount mart store and go to the magazine aisle (not by the checkout). There will be some magazines just for hairstyles such as
Sophisticates Hairstyleguide, or Hairdo Ideas, or Short Hair.

Don't let the words short hair scare you away, you are looking for bangs so perhaps someone in the magazine has the bangs you want but just happens to have the rest of her hair short.

Use those magazines to do like I mentioned above. Find what you like and what you don't.

Wispy bangs are not really hard to describe. You could even reach up and grab the hair that you want cut to show the stylist and tell him / her not to cut other pieces. But pictures can help even more.

I hope this helps.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2004 at 12:29pm
I think bangs would look great on you... hot was the word that comes to mind... If your not sure go for very long one as Jenisfer Aniston has been wearing... you very pretty, really nice hair... you really can't go wrong with bangs... pretty easy way to get a new look with out cutting much hair... good luck and keep us informed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic