Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair vs. Short hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair vs. Short hair
    Posted: September 29 2011 at 6:19pm
you look wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better with the long hair.
Shannon D. Bax
sarah alfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 8:55pm
you look 1000000000 times better with the short hair , my brother says so , when he saw ur first pic he says god that gurl is so beautiful and then when i slide down to see the other ones he said ..that gurl needs a hair cut now

thats also my opinion u look better with the short hair ofcourse

mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 5:24pm
Jen, The main thing is that you are happy with your style. Yes it may mean more work but if you feel good about yourself thats all that should matter. Pictures would be nice but not required. Do you have a stylist that you like, just, wondering if you always use the same person.
Mike
jennerator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennerator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 10:36am
Yup I got it done! It's a bit shorter than I wanted, a bit above my chin length, but it has lots of layers and volume at the crown. She also put in some heavy side bangs which i like, but may get trimmed as they are always in my eyes!
overall though I really like it, it does take more time to style than the long hair but less time to wash so I guess it all evens out in the end!
I'll try to post a picture later, thanks for the advice everybody!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2010 at 5:30am
Jen, How did Saturday go? Are you with the new look?
Mike b

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennerator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 7:14pm
I'm taking the plunge on saturday, I will let you guys know how it goes
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 4:59am

Jenn, Great.! I hope the best for you and also I hope you have a great stylist  that you use. He / she should understand your needs.

Keep us posted

Mike b

cwa14n3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwa14n3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 6:29pm
I see you have layers. And probably some razoring. Your barber wants to keep your hair SHORT! That is where the money is. More haircuts, more often. Your barber really isn't concerned about what looks the best on you!
You will look stunning with no makeup or hair products with neatly trimmed below shoulder length hair. I have trimmed mid thigh length hair and had pro hair nazis (those between jobs at burger king, mc'donalds or the cashier at the grocery store) curse me, because they wanted to chop it short. I was told I was "stealing their income". Short Hair is profitable, long hair is NOT!. Butt Out! I was told, I don't care if the ladies are your close friends. We make money selling haircuts, hair color and perms. That is our business! Beauty??? Don't make me laugh! It is about what we can collect in commissions at the register. They don't care if they screw up your hair, you will pay $$$ to get it fixed!
Just Me
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:04pm
AWESOME! Can't wait to hear about the new style.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennerator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 7:16pm
Hey Mike, that's actually what I was imagining
I want a chin length bob that only slightly inverted, not as dramatically inverted as victoria beckham's bob. I want a cut that would give me lots of volume, but also has a choppy, textured look, nothing too blunt. something that I can tousle up a bit. And I want a deep part and side bangs.

I think I'm going to go for the short cut! it's time for a change (even though my boyfriend likes my long hair)
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 6:35pm

Jenn

Are you thinking more to the short side? If so get a cut that is going to bring out those wonderful blue eyes. You have very nice features that could make a short cut work, I am just not sure how short you would be willing to go. If I was doing your cut I would want to be sure  as your stylist you really want to cut it. If you did I would suggest a Aline bob with  short layers around the crown area. Color would be Chestnut Brown with amber high lights around the face. Leave you bangs long enough to tuck behind your ears for the polished look when going out at night. The nape I would have short but not clipped.
Think about it and let me know
Mike b 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennerator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 9:58am
Eeek okay thanks for the input everybody! Now I'm just more indecisive than ever. there are advantages and disadvantages to each.
I guess if I cut it short the worst that could happen is I would have to wait a couple years for it to grow back right?
My hair is just so fine that at this length I get a ton of split ends and it's impossible to get any volume at the crown which I think flatters my face more
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 5:43am

I agree with DMB61. don't do anything  drastic. You look great with it long. Maybe just past your shoudlers would be nice.

Mikeb

DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 4:01am

Looks like your hair is layered. Consider having it trimmed so that it's one length. Which would cut down on the tangling with it one length.

Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2010 at 1:46am

In my view your longer hair is dominating your whole look by swamping your face.  If you don't want to return to chin length, which definitey suits you, I'd suggest cutting it to just above your shoulders.

Its your hair, your choice and your decision
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 9:37pm
I also think you look better with the shorter cut.  Is it long enough to donate?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 5:28pm
You've got to consider what works best for you and don't worry about what's left on the salon floor but what's left on your head and how good it looks.  I think you should go for the chin length cut; you look better with it short.
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennerator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2010 at 5:13pm
Hey guys, I've been growing my hair long for a few years now (it was super short before and now it's just at my armpit level)
but I'm starting to consider cutting it short again, maybe chin length, like a choppy bob. But I'm worried that I will do it and then regret it later because i've been growing it out for soooooo long.
my hair is really fine though and it tangles easily so short hair might be better for it. ALso I don't really wear makeup anymore (like I used to when I had short hair) somehow i feel like girls with long hair pull off having no makeup on better than with short hair...

What do you guys think??? Any advice would be awesome!!!

short hair:

long hair:

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic