Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Roller Sets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roller Sets
    Posted: December 13 2010 at 5:05pm

First it has been a very long time sooo hi everyone!

Now for my topic. The other day getting my hair trimmed I made an observation. The only people I saw with rollers were the older ones and mostly everyone else was brushed and blow dried.
Why is that? I mean I was looking at styles from the 60s or 70s and it seemed like every style started with rollers.
"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 7:29pm
Roller setting  I feel is a "dying art". I prefer to cut and style though you can not cherry pick your clients. When you got bills you can't do bob's all day.
Mike

Edited by mikecuts - December 13 2010 at 7:29pm
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 10:28pm
Doesn't the rollers help you keep the style longer? I have below shoulder length hair so I am thinking I might ask my stylist if she could let me try one
Lauren_A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lauren_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 7:26pm
Hi Rachel,
 Email me sometime.

lauren in florida
Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2010 at 9:46pm
L A U R E N !!!! PM me your email address!
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 5:44am

Rachel,

I feel there are two rollers set scenarios. One that is such as a "bee hive" being a roller set from the past and then Hot rollers for longer hair that has a more modern twist. Hot Rollers are more common and still to this day I feel are better than a curling iron and do hold longer sets. The less modern styling with rollers in hair overnight is the type i spoke of earlier. Sorry I should have been more clear on this.

Mike

Rachel A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachel A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 9:16am
Both ladies that have cut my hair have said I have thin hair but a lot of it and it is heavy. It doesn't hold a style very well so I tend to spray a lot. For some people it might be too much spray but for me it seems to be about the right amount.

My hair is about to the bottom of my shoulder blades and has a few layers just under my chin...really growning out bangs that Lydia has been shaping into layers and then an inch or two at the ends so I can flip the ends.

Since my hair is so heavy and is hard to hold its style thats why I was thinking of trying the roller wet set next time I go back to Lydia.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2010 at 7:41pm

Rachel, You will never know until you try it. Dont be shy go for it

Mike

Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 6:24pm
I think roller setting is better for the hair.  It makes your hair come out feeling and looking healthier.  So, go for it.
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic