Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When is the best time of year to buy hand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shoescheapchina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoescheapchina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When is the best time of year to buy hand
    Posted: January 04 2011 at 6:53am
Is there a time of the year when handbags are on sale and you can get the best deal then at other times?

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 04 2011 at 1:13pm
rosegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2012 at 8:55pm
oh,i think when you want to  buy handbags that you can buy it, no time limit!
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2012 at 11:45pm
If you are talking about retail in stores... August... right now is great.  2013 stock is coming in for 2013 and Augustn 2012 is the kill season.  They need to get rid of their 2012 stock to fill in their 2013.  As the weeks go by, you will see more desperate sales... until Christmas.  This is the rock bottom of their last years stock.

It's timed perfectly for Christmas.  What is left over is on sale not for you as a buyer, but, to draw you in for Christmas shopping.  All the rock bottom pricing is junk they need to get rid of... and, even better, items they have brought in at fantastic prices so you can comb around and buy higher priced items for Christmas out there for you to grab.  These items... which are good deals are there for one perfect reason.  For you to keep looking for other items.  If you see a sale...BUY IT!
Guys like me notice!
lovelydiana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovelydiana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2013 at 4:39am
I dn't think so.
*Chani* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Chani* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 2:53am
There are a couple of ways to save on handbags.

1.  Shop After Christmas Sales.  Yes, the selection may not be as great, but the prices are really good and if you like designer brands, you may be able to get a really nice deal.  You may have to take a color that might only be 2nd or 3rd choice, but at least you could save.

2.  Shop Back To School sales sometimes include handbag deals.  These sales usually start from the middle to the end of July.

3.  Sign up with the handbag brand you desire, if it's name brand.  Many of the name brands will offer coupon deals in their newsletters. 

I used to love Coach handbags before I found out how they bully people who try to resell their used bags on E Bay or similar venues.  Now I don't buy them at all as a result of what I read about how they are very litigious towards the little people like me who just want to buy and sell their bags.

However, before I found out how the are, I used to subscribe to the Coach newsletters and they often offered coupon deals that were very attractive.

4.  Sign up for newsletters through online and brick & mortar stores that carry the brands you love.  They also will send out coupons. 

5.  Look for handbags on Amazon.com.  Sign up for the free shipping through Prime and then look for deals.  Amazon offers lots of great deals all the time and they sell handbags.

6.  Shop EBay and look for deals.

7.  Look on CraigsList.  A friend of mine got a great designer bag on CL.  Just be careful where you meet the seller.  Meet them in a public place and know how to look for authenticity of the bag.  Make sure you are getting an authentic designer bag and not a fake.

8.  Church sales.  A friend of mine bought a brand new Lulu Guiness bag at a church sale for 50% off.  It was donated by a local boutique for charity.

Please share any tips you have for getting great deals on handbags.  I will admit I'm a handbag junkie and am always looking for great sales.
lion099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lion099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2014 at 3:02am
Great tips Chani.

Other options:

1.  Shop designer outlets.  TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Lohmans and similar carry overstock and last season's bags that didn't sell.  Some are actual authentic designer bags and you can get good deals.  May not get color you want, but great deals.

2.  Make friends at designer outlet stores with people who work there.  Sometimes they will give you the inside scoop on when the next shipments of handbags are coming in.  That way you can be at the head of the line to shop for the best bags.

3.  Lurk on fashion boards where designers bags are discussed.  Usually you can find great tips on saving money on designer bags.

4.  Go to close out sales.  When large department stores close, I always look for bags.

5.  Pay attention to garage sale locations.  Sometimes they will list handbags in the inventory they're selling.  Call to see what they have before you go.

And always be careful to verify the authenticity of any bag, if it's designer, and do research before you shop to know the pricing parameters.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic