Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair so damaged I fear it'll never grow?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heyy_k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyy_k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair so damaged I fear it'll never grow?
    Posted: January 15 2011 at 4:38pm
My hair has not grown in two years.

two years ago,it was bleached I straightened it everyday, no heat protectant
I then decided to go dark again a year ago, around half a year ago back to blonde
and 6 months ago went back dark to grow it out
Still straighetnign everyday but with a protection product

I noticed a couple of months ago my ends were breaking off at white dots, my hair was very dry etc
had a 1/2" trim but the problem seemed to be getting worse, the amount of hair breaking off was horrible
My hair has been stuk shoulder length for two years

So finally, I paid £60 for a cut at another salon telling me they'd cut the damage away so I could grow out my hair
I had 2" off and am using a strengthening shampoo however (been using it for around a month)also have been using it's a 10 miracle mask...there are still white dots everywhere and it is still breaking off

My hair is a horrible weird wavy mess, it's also shorter than I feel good with. It would be okay if I could straighten it but even more damage would just be urg. :/ I don't want to cut anymore off as I don't want to appear masculine but

Will I ever be able to grow my hair out?
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2011 at 10:50am
My wife wears her hair very short, she gets it cut with clippers, and I can tell you, she doesn't look masculine. Short hair can be real sexy.
espy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote espy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2011 at 8:24am
Everything will be ok, just give your hair time to recover.
Meanwhile, forget the chemicals; massage the scalp with almond oil, it stimulates hair's growth; use gentle, sls free shampoo, better natural; eat a lot of fruits and vegetables; exercise; and in no time the problem will be resolved.
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 6:13pm
You need to stay away from the chemicals, and have regular trims.  Do deep conditioners weekly.  Or, however often you feel there is a need.  Also use a good moisturizing shampoo, and oil regularly with Coconut oil.  I hope this helps.
Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic