Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thick,Damaged Frizzy hair !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
natalie13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natalie13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thick,Damaged Frizzy hair !
    Posted: July 08 2004 at 7:54am
hey guys, im writing this on behalf of a friend of mine who's here.
She has really thick,dark,wavy,firzzy broken hair and she doesnt know what to do to make it nice. She tries a lot of deep conditioning treatments and anti frizz foamn-but it doesnt seem to work. Any help would be appreciated !
nat and rosie
frizzygurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frizzygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 12:22pm
Hi! i have thick, curly, dry, frizzy hair also. i have a lot of hair but it's more of a fine texture, beleive it or not. Anyway, great start with deep conditioning treatments!

First rule with any hair type is to use ONLY Products with no alcohol as an ingredient. THis encourages frizz. Try using a shampoo and conditioner that promotes that sleek look. Like "L'Oreal Vive Smooth Intense" and Matrix (salon products) makes a line to help smooth hair. it's suprising how much this can help.

You probably need a little weight in your hair to weigh down and calm the frizz a bit. A gel can work wonders for curls and frizz. I use John Frieda's "Wind Down" cream along with "Tresseme Mega Hold" gel to fight frizz . You have to keep experimenting with gel so as not to put too little that it's not really effective or, you can put too much and make your hair kinda "crunchy". When my hair was really short, i used a wax too. By Salon Selectives, in a small green tub. it helps to "mold" your hair and helps a lot for flyaways.

After you shower, when drying your hair, make sure you only squeeze out excess water. If you rub your hair to dry it, it will make it frizzier and cause breakage. Lay off on washing often, sometimes 2 or 3 times a week is more than enough. Be careful with blowdrying, allow your hair to airdry whenever possible. if you blowdry, use low heat and use your cool setting as often as possible.

Also, avoid playing with your hair since this will break up your wave pattern and make your hair look big and frizzy. Hope this helps!
Good luck to both of ya!
CO wash only since September '04! Dyed red botticelli curls (3b), fine and just past shoulder length
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2004 at 12:54pm
Try a CO/Conditioner-Only wash: Many curlies find this routine very helpful. If you can find "Suave Daily Clarifying Conditioner with Light Conditioners", I'd try that first. You'd be using it in place of shampoo, massaging it into your scalp and everything, rinsing very VERY well, and then finishing off with your normal conditioner.

Everybody's different, so depending on what your hair likes, a shampoo routine can be completely or partially replaced by a CO routine. Many people experience more scalp greasiness the first few times.. but your body adjusts after awhile. Mine has adjusted and I loooove CO although I'm not curly.

Anais
Precious Honey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Precious Honey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2004 at 9:07pm
I also have curly thick hair that on occasion has a good day! I find that i HAVE to have an oil moisteriser in my hair and i use Lustrasilk moistermax. I usually get it at sally's or any black hair care store. If you cant find it try Pink Lotion. I dont really like that brand but i know a lot of people swear by it. I also use Infusium leave in ..usually wash condition infusium hair oil and mousse. Hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic