Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair appointment Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair appointment Saturday
    Posted: March 23 2011 at 9:56am
My wife and I have hair appointments for Saturday morning. She has been thinking about something different from the mushroom-heavy weight line cut that she has been wearing. Basically she wants to keep the back as short as she has had it(a #2), but doesn't want the blunt line anymore. She still wants to keep some length on the top, around 2", but from the tops of the ears down wants it quite short. Does anyone have suggestions, or better yet, pictures?
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 1:59pm
sounds alot like what Ginnifer Goodwyn has right now:
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=ginnifer+goodwin&assetType=image

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2011/03/04/ginnifer-goodwin-legalizes-her-hair/
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 2:56pm
Probally not as long on top, and a more conservative style, but close.
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 3:07pm
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 3:08pm
Somewhere in between these two cuts. I would prefer the shorter one, she would prefer to keep it a little longer, although not as long as the red hair woman.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 8:00pm
How fun; I remember those days with my wife before she let it grow.  Maybe someday.  I'm jealous.  How 'bout something tapered like

and then there's my favorite

My wife and I used to go to a barbershop together and she would get her hair cut like the last one with my barber.
HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 7:21am
I love all your pics Hawg! My wife is on the grow also and now it's shoulder length! I look forward to the day it all changes!  
sonatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2011 at 8:54am
Originally posted by xxxzvp xxxzvp wrote:

Hello, what is the name of the haircut in second pic? I am 29 y.o woman with long hair. But I really love boyish cuts. When I saw the pictures like this in the internet, I am getting excited and thinking about my hair being clippered. So I really really want to get buzzed. I am planning to do it this summer. (probably in June) Really desire it. Can you tell me the number of clippers used for this haircut? I think I have to find a good professional barber to do it.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2011 at 7:22pm
Sonatina, I would say that a barber is what you need because it is tapered from zero at the hairline to about an inch long on top; most cosmotologists/hairstylists can't taper and that is what makes this cut special.  Where are you? I might be able to recommend a good shop.
HAWG
sonatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2011 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Sonatina, I would say that a barber is what you need because it is tapered from zero at the hairline to about an inch long on top; most cosmotologists/hairstylists can't taper and that is what makes this cut special.  Where are you? I might be able to recommend a good shop.

Awww, really? Is it zero at the hairline? Will barber shave my neck and sideburns smooth? Wow! I will print this photo and go to get haircut.

Yes, you right. And also, it would be more exciting to sit on the barber's chair and get my dream cut. I am in Turkey...

Edited by sonatina - March 28 2011 at 12:36am
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 6:28am
Here is a pic of this weekends cut. It's not as short as either my wife or I wanted. She asked the stylist to use a #2 on the back and taper it above the weight line. The stylist informed her she would use a #4 and if that wasn't short enough she would go back and cut it shorter. Well, she used the #4, and tapered it some, and promptly finished the cut. Never even asked if it was short enough. I have found it is very difficult to find a female stylist who is willing to go super short on another female. Whats funny though, this stylist has given my wife some extremely short haircuts in the past. I guess she wasn't in the mood to cut short hair this weekend.
sonatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 8:14am
Originally posted by xxxzvp xxxzvp wrote:

Here is a pic of this weekends cut. It's not as short as either my wife or I wanted. She asked the stylist to use a #2 on the back and taper it above the weight line. The stylist informed her she would use a #4 and if that wasn't short enough she would go back and cut it shorter. Well, she used the #4, and tapered it some, and promptly finished the cut. Never even asked if it was short enough. I have found it is very difficult to find a female stylist who is willing to go super short on another female. Whats funny though, this stylist has given my wife some extremely short haircuts in the past. I guess she wasn't in the mood to cut short hair this weekend.

Awww, her haircut looks very nice... I like it. Clap
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 7:03pm
Sonatina, sorry but I can't help you out with a Turkish barbershop; good luck with the haircut and please keep us posted.
HAWG
sonatina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonatina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2011 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Sonatina, sorry but I can't help you out with a Turkish barbershop; good luck with the haircut and please keep us posted.

Of course, thanks...
jebebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 11:58am
I do like the cut and I agree that a little shorter would be even better!  Will she let you trim it up a little more?  Worst case she'll just have to go sooner and ask the stylist to be more aggressive.  Keep us posted!
steelergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 12:29pm
Your wifes hair looks nice but YES she could have gone much shorter, especially on the top.  I also like the styles that were posted for you to use as choices.

I totally agree with you on getting some stylists to go short on women's styles.  I just posted today in the short hair forum here on HB (may 13,11) about how I am having an issue with my stylist cutting my hair. 
Please check it out and see if you have some advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic