Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

brittle&frizzy hair/pitted nails

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
astronomiss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astronomiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: brittle&frizzy hair/pitted nails
    Posted: July 30 2004 at 11:31pm
Hi. Over the last few years my hair has gone from lovely, straight and shiney to dull and tatty. I get split ends easily (just had my first of a few trims to remove them). I have what seems to be new growth in certain spots that are really sort and curly/frizzy and they pull out without any pain. The longer hair is breaking off easily and feels wirey and is sometimes straight with a frizzy end. Some bits are coarse and pull out with no pain. I have tons of chunks that just look like they've been torn part way up the strand (or like a whole chunk fell out and is now growing back). I also have little indentations on my finger nails but no white spots like you'd expect if I was zinc deficient. Can anyone explain to me why my hair/nails are doing this? Many hairdressers just can't answer this for me. I have had my thyroid checked and it is fine. Thanks for your help!
nygal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nygal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 9:44am
Welcome to the boards, astronomiss! Sorry that I can't help you with your question, but to me it does sound like some sort of vitamin deficiency. Maybe you could ask a nutritionist what to do? Just a thought.
I bought some batteries, but they weren't included.
.....Steven Wright
annon View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote annon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2004 at 4:57pm
You probably don't want to hear this, but a one off short cut might be the solution here. That way the hair would probably grow back more healthily.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2004 at 11:20am
How's your diet? Did you make any major changes in the six months before you started to notice these changes?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
astronomiss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote astronomiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 5:33pm
Hi everyone, thanks for all the replies. I haven't had any diet changes over the last couple of years. I'm guessing the only reason could really be a mineral or vitamin deficiency. I'm guessing zinc would be a good one to try first. I'm having another trim next week and this will rewmove the bits that are frizzy at the ends of the lengths, but they are actually growing like that now too, so cutting it wouldn't help. Lets hope the minerals will help!!
wannabgorgeous14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannabgorgeous14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2004 at 9:39pm
If u want ur hair to grow back like it was then u'll prob. haveta start workin on it from the inside to the outside. What i mean is- try taking a multi-vitamin, eat healthy foods, drink tons of water, and use a shampoo and conditioner with alot of vitamins and "good stuff" in it. U should also try a leave-in-conditioner. Im so0o sorry that this is happening 2 u : ( it must really suck! I hope it all gets better!!!
I love everyone!!! Ya... even U!!!
hehe ;)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic