Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Military hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
csimonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csimonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Military hair
    Posted: April 16 2011 at 8:54am
I know you ladies get a lot of hair help questions, and I'm really in desperate need of an opinion!

I used to have extremely long hair, and when I got pregnant with my son I decided to lop it all off (a decision I still do not regret, he's a very clingy baby and I can't imagine dealing with him AND butt-length hair, I can barely get a shower every day as it is, let alone makeup or styling). I don't have bad features, but I have extremely dark circles under my eyes and it exacerbates a large-ish nose. With my glasses on I don't look that bad, but without them...eesh.

Here's my problem; I'm going into the military and they are pretty strict about hair. I could cut it all off, or I could let it grow and then tie it back, but as it is right now it's really hard to keep it tied up. I'd LOVE to say I could pull off a pixie style and just not deal with it, but I think with my features I'd look butch.

I live in nowheresville Connecticut, in a town so small even people who have lived here all their lives go, "Where's that?", so I'm not sure where my closest competant stylist is, lol!

So my question is, what kind of short style would look the best for me, in your opinions? I can't have bangs, pretty much period...the military regulations is "no hair covering the eyebrows" and unless I got pixie-style bangs, my hair grows so fast that it would be over my eyebrows in a matter of a couple weeks. I'd have to trim it myself, and probably get in trouble for it being messy :( A hairstylist I am not.

Please help!

Pics:
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2011 at 9:31am
Chin length a-line would look great on you.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2011 at 10:16pm
For boot camp, you ought to go super short; one less thing to worry about.
Once you get to your MOS producing school, you can let it begin to grow.  There will be shops out the main gate that can keep you looking awesome for 10-15 dollars or so.  Good luck with your new career choice; proud of you for wanting to serve.
HAWG
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2011 at 10:21am
Check this video out, there are 3 versions i believe on Military styles, they are really good looking in my opinion.
http://youtu.be/EBNMN_ufcBc
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2011 at 6:56pm
Great video; like everything but the bangs; they wouldn't work in the military.
HAWG
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2011 at 8:55am
Originally posted by HAWG HAWG wrote:

Great video; like everything but the bangs; they wouldn't work in the military.

I agree, the bangs ruin it at the end!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 6:32pm
Any word? What did you end up doing?
HAWG
csimonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csimonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 8:22pm
I'm hoping to get a pixie cut, mostly just to make it easier on me, but haven't been able to afford it and haven't had the time, so right now everything's still the same! The video didn't work for me, even when I added in the .com and everything; Youtube told me the page didn't exist.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 11:29am
Originally posted by csimonds csimonds wrote:

I'm hoping to get a pixie cut, mostly just to make it easier on me, but haven't been able to afford it and haven't had the time, so right now everything's still the same! The video didn't work for me, even when I added in the .com and everything; Youtube told me the page didn't exist.

Just copy and paste the address in your browser.  I just did it and it worked fine! 

Search in You tube for :

Variation on Military Chapter 1

That is the name of the video by RainbowRoomint

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 8:32pm
I understand; hope everything works out for you. When do you report?
HAWG
csimonds View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csimonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 8:47am
Not sure yet. They had some trouble with my medical stuff and the people they contacted were less than helpful and now that I'm all ready, none of the jobs I want are available. I went through the entire list of jobs and picked out quite a few that I'd be willing to do, and I'm not really willing to get into a job I hate just to get in faster, so we're waiting.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2011 at 9:43pm
Been there, done that. Hurry up and wait will be your lifestyle for awhile after you first join. Again, hope all goes well.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic