Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

STYLIST ISSUES WITH SHORT HAIR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
steelergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STYLIST ISSUES WITH SHORT HAIR
    Posted: May 13 2011 at 11:15am
I have been having the strangest problem with my new stylist.  UGH. 
I had started going to a salon close to my home (we have moved away from the salon that I have been using for years and years). 

So, I find a reasonable priced nice salon about 3 miles from my house,   I haven't had my haircut for like a year and my hair was very long and WAY out of shape.  I decide to cut my hair short but not on my first visit with a new stylist that I don't know about so I cut 8-10 inches off at our first time together in March.  This stylist does a wonderful job and I LOVE my haircut but still....I want it short so will be going back in April and will get the cut that I want this time.  I bring a picture and tell my stylist that this time, I am going short like I really want.  The stylist refuses to cut more than 2 inches off because SHE does not like short hair on women and was mad because a stylist in her salon messed up her hair and cut it too short.  O M G !!
So again, I get a great haircut but it is STILL too long and she won't cut it shorter.  I told her that I was going to cut my hair off at a certain point for my May haircut then SHE would have to just fix the style that I made.  LOL

I have posted a pic of what my hair currently looks like but seriously, I would LOVE to have it lots more shorter.

My hair is straight and medium weight and I know how to style hair pretty good.  My hair also grows super fast...I mean...really fast.  AND...I am not afraid to try new things so ....opinions please and suggestions of styles.  I am mid 40's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 11:27am
Here are a couple styles that I have shown her that I would like to try:

(in my same haircolor)(without the longer fringe things on the one side - that would really get on my nerves)

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 7:21pm
Go for it girl; take those scissors and chop and then have the stylist fix it; I love that idea.  I really like the first picture above and think that it will look awesome on you.  Have fun!
HAWG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 11:57pm
I know it does sound silly to have told her that I was going to cut off my own hair (I actually have been cutting my own and others hair for about 30 years and know what I am doing) but I have never in my life gone to a stylist that just refuses to cut hair short because SHE does not like short hair.  She is getting this one more chance next week and if I don't get my hair cut like I want it, I am moving on to someone that will do it. 
I live in a place where the temps get up in the 90's and I spend lots of time outside and want my dang hair short for the summer. 
LOL
I mean...Have you EVER had a stylist that don't want to chop it all off?  I told her when I cut the 10 inches off that I was not afraid to try new styles and lengths.  I have the wonderful advantage of my hair growing fast so I can go really short and in a month, you never know that I had it cut.

Walker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2011 at 6:45pm
I like the first one, that would be so cute!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 1:35pm
UPDATE:
I had the day to myself since the husband was in an all day training session and the kids were at home.  I was still in the mood to get this hair cut because it was really getting on my nerves (it has grown a bit since the original pic that is on this thread).  I was driving home from my Weight Watchers meeting and passed one of the high dollar salons that was running a special for the day only.  The sign said "WOMENS SHAMPOO/CUT/STYLE TODAY ONLY FOR $25.00".  I drove my truck straight into the parking lot and went in.  I explained to the stylist that I have been trying to get my hair cut to a really short style now for 3-4 months and the stylist that I have recently started going to refuses to cut my hair short because SHE does not like short hair.  The stylist at this salon felt the same as me in "do what the customer is asking if it isn't a bad thing".

See my new haircut...now ...I am not the best at taking pics of myself and I have NO makeup on.  My hair actually is cuter that this after I restyled it.  The back is really shorter than the picture shows because it is shorter in the middle of my neck than on the sides and super layered on the top and back. 

I LOVE it and have gotten lots of compliments on it already since yesterday.  I have gone from having hair almost to my waist in March to this short style in May.  LOVE IT !!!!!

I will be calling the non-cutting stylist tomorrow morning to cancel the appointment that I am 'supposed" to have with her on Wednesday.  LOL

Oh and by the way.....I am also going this week to enroll in cosmetology school.  I am unemployed and cannot find a secretarial job anywhere so decided to follow the career that I have really only wanted to do in my entire life.   I am going to just jump in there and do my passion and do hair.  I have NEVER EVER wanted to be anything but a hairstylist but followed the career choice that everyone else thought I should do.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 4:18pm
still trying to get used to having no hair

playing with some styling options......

Edited by steelergirl - May 16 2011 at 9:39am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 4:33pm

Edited by steelergirl - May 16 2011 at 7:50am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 4:36pm
maybe having just a slight bit of remorse....Did I cut too much off?  Maybe I should not go so extreme next time.  PS:  I have NOOOOO makeup on.

Do you all think my hair looked better now or before I cut it?  Please opinions....
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2011 at 5:27pm
Hard to tell exactly what it looks like because the pics are so close in.  Do you have different styling options...or is the hair always tucked behind your ears?
From what I can tell and what I imagine...it looks good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 9:45am
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 8:18pm
That looks a lot better than when it was long....I don't think you went too short by any means.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2011 at 8:34pm
Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
HAWG
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic