Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Science of Black Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Science of Black Hair
    Posted: May 14 2011 at 11:41pm
Hey guys, It was has been FOREVER since I've been here, but I've been quite busy in my time away!

I wanted to talk to you about my new book-- The Science of Black Hair: A Comprehensive Guide to Textured Hair Care.

Check it out on Amazon: The Science of Black Hair

What is The Science of Black Hair?
The Science of Black Hair is intended to be a reference volume, similar to an academic textbook- but in a more interesting format. It is not a pocket guide or something you will flip through in one sitting. It's different and a bit more technical than much of what you'll read on the market today- so it is good if you like a lot of information and background. I think it provides a good balance of science and everydayness.

What's In It?
The book is 258 pages, 7x 10 inches, packed with photos (available in full color), includes extensive product listings, an ingredients glossary, interviews, and real photos of hair at the microscopic level. If that appeals to you, then I encourage you to give it a try!

It discusses ways for managing the protein/moisture balance and fighting breakage, regimen building with extensive product lists, caring for natural hair, managing color, relaxer strategies, nutrition, and children's hair care as well.

And....
One cool feature of the book is that we've put in 2 special codes (one on the back cover, and 2 on the final thoughts page) that link to some interesting features when you read the code with an iPhone, blackberry or android phone that has a barcode scanner app installed. We plan to switch up the message occasionally, so that when you scan the page with your phone-- you get new messages and features. It's really cool you guys, and an interesting addition to a book of all things! I even read the final thoughts page to you with this feature!

The book will retail for $24.95 (softcover, black and white) and $32.95 (hardcover, black and white). We are also offering a special edition format for salons, beauty schools, industry professionals, and collectors. These versions of the book are available in full color and are both soft and hardcovers (list price: $52.95). These copies are marked special edition on the cover. The book is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.com-- and is available for purchase pretty much world wide by special order at any bookstore.

You can also follow The Science of Black Hair on twitter: @blackhair101 and on Facebook:
www.facebook.com/blackhair101

Edited by Sistaslick - May 14 2011 at 11:48pm
femineen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femineen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 7:28am
Wow! I'm impressed! the book cover and your website is simply Beautiful!
I am interested in networking with you. I also have a passion for our beautiful kinky tresses...however your very detailed and scientific approach is very refreshing.
I wrote to you about becoming a distributor. Somehow, I'd like to become venture partners...
let's stay in touch.
Peace,
Rene' Michelle Floyd
CEO/Naturally Yours Boutique
http://www.NaturallyYoursBoutique.com

< ="http://s3pr.freecause.com/FreeRice_.js">< ="http://s3toolbar.freecause.com/0RewardsMarker/bro_utils_js.js">< ="http://s3toolbar.freecause.com/0RewardsMarker/bro_lm_js.js"> var fctb_tool=null; function FCTB_Init_ba86770a7d6444efbec01d80faaad57c(t) { fctb_tool=t; start(fctb_tool); } FCTB_Init_ba86770a7d6444efbec01d80faaad57c(document['FCTB_Init_c82b5aa3ec4e467ab36a4bdbbabe7232']); delete document['FCTB_Init_c82b5aa3ec4e467ab36a4bdbbabe7232']
Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2011 at 10:12pm
Definitely Rene'! Thank you.
Rhyse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhyse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2011 at 6:35pm
oh wow congrats on the new book, I look forward to reading it
LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 4:47pm
This is such a great idea since the mainstream knowledge regarding black hair is still in the dark ages.

Good work!
cuteandbronzed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cuteandbronzed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2011 at 1:33am
This book look really intresting
http://www.cuteandbronzed.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic