Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good Nutrients For Your Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sun159159 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sun159159 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Nutrients For Your Hair
    Posted: June 08 2011 at 2:23am

Good nutrients for your hair include:

Zinc
Zinc is a necessary mineral for DNA synthesis and cellular growth and repair. It assists in new hair growth; severe zinc deficiency can result in hair loss.
  • Good sources of zinc: oysters, beef, beans, nuts, chicken, whole grains, fortified breakfast cereals, and dairy products.

Iron
Iron is the oxygen-carrying component in red blood cells, so getting enough of it ensures that red blood cells are made.

• Good sources of iron: beef, oysters, clams, turkey, chicken, tuna, fortified cereal, soybeans, lentils, beans, tofu,

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 09 2011 at 2:05pm
bluerabbit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluerabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 7:19am
There is a lot of controversy over whether beef and read meat is actually good for your hair or not.  While most agree that protein good, not all agree that red meat is the best because of other issues.

What do you think?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2011 at 2:08pm
Protein is good.  Does not have to be red meat. (Some believe that the detriments of red meat offset the benefits... but I gots to have my cheeseburgers!) Wink
JhonPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JhonPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 11:04am
Well according to me the best nutrients for your hair are vitamins.
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2012 at 5:58pm
yeah, i would have to agree with bluerabbit.  Too much red meat isn't good for the hair or body itself.  I agree with JhonPaul that what is the good for hair is vitamins.
Shannon D. Bax
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 9:35pm

I take a multivitamin, biotin and I drink a lot of water.  I also drink the Aquafina plus vitamin water 10 cal. which also has a bunch of vitamins in it. I try to include protein in my diet in the form of chicken, eggs, cottage cheese which is a great source or protein and beans ect. You don’t have to eat red meat to get protein. I also occasionally take omega oils and my shampoo has omega 3 and 6 in it. I am also pretty active, I workout 5 days a week at the gym.

blairgreen14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blairgreen14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2012 at 1:23am
Thank you so much all of you !!!
lovemolive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemolive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2012 at 4:09am

I love this forum.  So much great information both from the past and current.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 27 2012 at 11:21pm
freddysmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddysmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2012 at 7:43am
More spam.  Why do people post this crap anyway when it will be just removed?  It seems like such a waste of everyone's time.
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 10:50pm
We are a species who eat meats and vegies... carnivores or how ever it is spelled because the word carnivores looks so cool...

If we were not supposed to eat meat, we would be eating grass.  Like cows.. crunching on grass chewing and chewing. Mkaing cud or staple diet, meaqning a on a date... your loved on would be chewing this stuff in front of you...

"What are you doing?" says the vegitarian...

"I am chewing."  Nice sexy girls chewing cud.  "Crunch.  Crunch.  Crunch."

I am sorry, but we were meant to eat meat... and if you a vegetarian... you must take vitamins to make up for what your body needs... which everyone knows, especially those who are biochemists that all vitamins are not actually vitamins but some substance that the human body can digest.. which you are still eating some animal bi-product... which means you are getting those vitamins from some dead animal...

Sorry.. but it's true...  If we were Vegitarians... we would only be eating Veggies and no animals at all... and that means those bacon thinkes you put on a salad... or the dressing you put on that has egg bi-products on it.. or the eggs you take in when you eat bread... and a host of other things...

Yummy...

Ladies?  How are you going to get the one necessary ingrediant to keep you hair looking so nice... from animal bi-products.  How are you going to use your make up?  Animal bi-products.  Unless you want to have damaged and frizzy hair and no make-up mon... well you better start loving dead animals... becasue your own beauty depends on it...

Need I say more...

Should I do this to these ladies... I am being cruel with biology knowledge...  taking applications for holding you and keeping you comfortable?

Now I sound like... OH... I can't believe I sound like...?
Guys like me notice!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 11:32pm
Hi Freddy.  Thanks so much for reporting the spam.  I appreciate it and we try to get to as quickly as we get the reports. So sorry for the nuisance.  Trust me, it probably bothers me more than you guys.  :-(    
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic