Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New very short haircut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NikkiJay101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NikkiJay101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New very short haircut
    Posted: June 10 2011 at 8:12am
My BF has been wanting me to have my hair cut in to a really short pixie - was shoulder length.

He came with me to the salon (on Tuesday) and I had it all cut off including having the nape shorn with clippers.

Everybody at work the following day loved my hair, but whilst everybody was admiring my hair a girl ran her fingers up my nape and asked 'what made you go so short'? I said I'd been wanting to for a long time. Her response 'strange that because my friend was in the hair salon at the same time as you, and told me that your boyfriend made you have your hair cut'!

I now feel like the laughing stock of the place what can I do?
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 10:49am
Why would you feel like a laughing stock? You cut your hair short because your boyfriend likes short hair, and I assume you did not have a problem with it either. When I met my wife she had hair past her shoulders, and I was honest with her that I thought she would look better with short hair. She has been wearing it extremely short for six or seven years now, she likes it and I like it. She never would have gone short if she didn't want short hair. On the flip side, how many women are stuck with long hair because their s.o. likes long hair. I have heard countless times men say "I'll disown you if you cut your hair", it's just less common for men to like short hair. Don't feel like a laughing stock, just be honest with this co-worker if you feel the need to justify why you cut your hair, explain that your b.f. didn't force you to do anything, and enjoy your pixie.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 6:32pm
Hey, talk to my wife (ha ha)  I have been wanting her to go with an inverted bob (really would love a pixe but know that is never going to happen).  Anyway, she just gets a regular bob.  I wouldn't feel like the laughing stock...would just indicate you always wanted to do this but needed the push from you bf to get the nerve up.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 8:43pm
Nikki, You are brave , Enjoy your hair not theirs do not be influenced by others
Mike
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 12:38pm
    It seems as if you were curious, and your guy's urging gave you the courage to try it. You like it, he likes it, so there is no problem. And I'm saying this as a guy who thinks that almost every woman should have long hair! It's done; enjoy it.
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 7:39pm
I have simply told my wife that if anyone says "Why did you go so short?", tell them "because my husband loves short hair and it drives him crazy!"

That usually shuts them up and makes them wonder!
"We are the people our parents warned us about" Jimmy Buffet
clipperguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clipperguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 15 2011 at 6:28pm
Stand tall... be proud.  I am sure it looks great.  Ignore the detractors!

Ivan

Ivan Zoot
www.zoothair.com
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 2:26am
Just don't mind it dear and enjoy your new hair look. Stay pretty and let the positive vibes be in you.
love it short View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love it short Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2011 at 9:29am
Aren't you the one that did the surprize christmas pixie?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic