Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help for Damaged Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kimmer327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help for Damaged Hair
    Posted: June 17 2011 at 11:14pm
Hello, all

I have straight, thick hair & have never had a problem with frizziness. That is, until I received a haircut from a hair stylist that I have been going to for nearly 8 years. For some unknown reason, she razored my entire head. Ever since then (and that was 2 years ago), I have these little pieces of hair that stick out ALL OVER my head. AND everytime it is humid out, my hair gets SO BIG!!  Help!! How can I get my hair back to the way it used to be?  I color & highlight it at home myself but I have not used the highlights in awhile so as to progress the repair. I do need to color, though as I have quite a bit of gray.  I have tried so many salon-grade shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, etc that you can think of.  I'm not certain if the pieces that stick out are damaged or not. I suspect they are because otherwise, I think they would have grown out by now. I do blow dry my hair every other day & straighten everyday.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this problem, I am all ears!!

Thanks!
JadeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 12:38pm
Maybe do some home treatments that moisturize hair? Like mayonaise? I used that and it made me hair soft and silky, maybe they just need to be renurished?
Im not sure if it'll help, but it cant hurt!
Kimmer327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 12:56pm
Funny, Jade because I was researching & was going to try that yesterday but it said I had to sit for 30 minutes & I didn't have time. I think I will give it a whirl next time I have 30 minutes to spare.

Thanks for the suggestions!!
JadeM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JadeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2011 at 1:37pm
Oh really? thats funny :D I hope it works out well for you, I know it definitely makes your hair very moisturized! You're welcome :D
fidelwimer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fidelwimer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 6:21am
Use mayonnaise like a conditioner - massage it into your hair and leave in for about 30 minutes before you rinse it out.Every time you finish swimming, you should rinse your hair so that your hair will get brittle. As we know, the new hair will need a few months to grow.Trimming your hair is the most effective and affordable method to repair damage done to the hair. Regular trimming will also mean faster growth of the hair.

Kimmer327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 10:13pm
Thank you for the suggestion.
It's so strange because when I look closely at the short pieces that stick out, they don't look damaged (no split ends). So, if they are not damaged, then why do they not grow back??

I will try the mayonnaise when I get 30 minutes to spare.
chaimharry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaimharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2011 at 6:23am
For the Damaged hair you have to go for the oil massage in regular time period.Give all most all nutritive supplements to your hair.Protein pack you can apply on your hair.go for the regular conditioning with curd or the eggs.Drink plenty of water.
citytreats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citytreats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 8:48am
Start eating healthy food which can help you to get strong hair. Also, start doing massage on your scalp to smooth as well as strong hair. And avoid getting stressed.
Kimmer327 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimmer327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2012 at 9:05am
Thank you for your responses.

I think some of my problem is that my hairdresser went through my entire head with a razor almost 4 years ago & it made short pieces throughout my hair. These short pieces are continually getting damaged each morning when I use the flat iron on them. As I get haircuts, it does seem to be healthier looking, however, after 4 years, I would think that all of these short pieces would be grown out by now!  But it must be that they keep getting broken off with each flat iron use.

Now the question is how to keep them from continually breaking & encourage growth to them. There is no question that I have to use the flat iron. My hair looks like "Hair Gone Wild" if I don't straighten it!!  This coming from a girl who used to have "pin straight" hair & didn't even need a flat iron!! 

Any suggestions on that?
organic_amanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote organic_amanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 3:06pm
Using heat everyday removes moisture causing breakage. Do you use a heat protector product before you flat iron? I would recommend Thermal 2 Twenty spray by Organic Color Systems. It protects hair from damage up to 428 degrees Fahrenheit. You should also use shampoo and conditioner that adds moisture to your hair. I would recommend the Aqua Boost line by Organic Color Systems. They offer a shampoo, conditioner, and reconstructor to help hydrate dry, damaged hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic