Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Are bridal veils no long popular?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bestbusinessau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bestbusinessau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are bridal veils no long popular?
    Posted: June 18 2011 at 1:17am
I have seen many brides who are only wearing tiaras, jeweled combs or jeweled hair accessories instead of veils.  Are bridal veils still popular?

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 18 2011 at 10:08pm
kaluuu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaluuu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2011 at 7:44pm
you must wear at you wedding whatever you feel like. I dont think the trend hast to do something with how the bride showld dress. 
MelissaRoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MelissaRoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2011 at 7:13am
I think that veils are going out of fashion because people are now putting more emphasis to the hairstyling of the bride, the tiaras and the glittering stones glued to the hair. But, for me, I still for the traditional wearing of the veil. It makes the bride more beautiful and mysterious.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 16 2011 at 6:33am
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2011 at 6:34am
I agree completely.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
Heden2v2Nixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heden2v2Nixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2011 at 5:40am
It's my opinion that without a veil the bridal gown is not completed

Nixon

Edited by Heden2v2Nixon - September 17 2011 at 7:51am
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 1:59am
Yes it is not popular in today's generation to use veil in a wedding but if you like to use it then you can certainly do.
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2011 at 12:07pm
I wore a veil, tiara, and some jeweled pieces in my hair. You can do whatever you want, but I think veils are very timeless and look great in photos.

Heden2v2Nixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heden2v2Nixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2011 at 7:52am
I agree that a veil never goes out of style.  A lot also depends upon the hairstyle though.
johnmcclane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnmcclane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2011 at 3:39am
The jewels that go into wedding jewelry are precious. They are aesthetically pleasing too. They are shiny, and bright and reflect light and they come in different colors and have been carved to look even more beautiful than they naturally do. For these reasons, and the fact that they are precious, we desire to adorn ourselves with them.
raychelnorberg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raychelnorberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2011 at 2:25pm
I do a lot of weddings each year and I fix less and less veils to the updo's each year. I believe they are going out of style. However, they are still in use. Definitely!
karengriffin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karengriffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2011 at 10:12pm
I have seen brides still wear the veils. I think there's a classic element of grace that it adds to the ceremony. 
sportswear13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportswear13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 2:26am
I think, in some venues, they have a practical application. As for style, I don't like them.

Edited by mkeilhofer - August 23 2014 at 10:04am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2012 at 3:03pm

I think it depends on the bride, some women don't like veils and some love them. I think veils are very classic and traditional but may not fit all dresses and themes.

Personally I don't like the veils that cover the face, or ones that are so puffy you can see them from the sides of the head, they seem to take over the bride's whole ensemble. I chose to wear a thinner veil that was clipped in at the back of my hair and dropped to my waist; it wasn't big enough to see from the front but it added a nice accent to my hairstyle from behind. It was simple with a few crystals and a thick satin trim all around the edge. I didn't want a big princess tiara so I had a thin bridal headband type of accessory that was embedded with crystals and pearls.

With some hairstyles and hair accessories you may not even notice that the bride does not have a veil. I think more woman may chose to discard the veil because they want a more modern look, but when a veil is tasteful it can add wonders to the overall look of the bride.

Edited by mkeilhofer - August 23 2014 at 10:03am
shinning_likeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 3:57am

the traditional wedding look of a long braid with jewellery on it ia my favorite and is very much authentic and in style.
shinning_likeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinning_likeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2013 at 3:57am

isnt she looking gorgeous
JenniferHebert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JenniferHebert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2014 at 6:33am
I think bridal veils are still popular, but most women want to use a hair accessory for a different look. I also don't like veils because it covers half of your face and give you same bridal look. You can use a good tiaras or jeweled pins, it comes in different verity also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic