Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Using a color remover for Demi-permanent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wolfbanecs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolfbanecs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Using a color remover for Demi-permanent
    Posted: June 22 2011 at 9:46pm
I had some bad experience with hair dye recently, and so I'm reconsidering the way I do my hair. If anyone has had any experience with this please let me know.

Using Demi-Permanent hair dye, repeatedly to hold color. I've heard this creates some risk of the dye becoming permanent. If this did happen, would I be able to use a color remover to take out the dye stains. Also, If I did this- would it have the dramatic orange that it does with permanent hair dye?

Do you have any suggestions?

(I cannot afford a salon for all my hair, so I'm looking for more techniques) Last time I dyed my dark-blonde hair medium brown, then used a color remover to take the brown. I knew my hair would turn orange would turn, but the intensity was too strong that no matter how much I've dyed/toned/etc since it still has a really strong yellow/orange tone. I do not want to have to deal with this again (I am LITERALLY cutting off the dye since any tones I've put on since just fade back to the orange after a few washes. I want to grow my hair out, and if I'm at the risk of this happening again I don't think I'll bother.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic