Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hairstyle advice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hairstyle advice
    Posted: September 11 2004 at 6:11am
I have uploaded a pic of me that is from this time last year. My hair is a bit layered all around now and 23" from crown to back ...but it is really damaged. I am looking for style advice. Should I just keep it pulled up until it grows out of the damage or cut it into a short style? If so...what would look good?

Thanks in advance.
jacqui
Debbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Debbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2004 at 5:29pm
Jacquie I think you should go with a shoulder legthn bob. You are very pretty though! I think that you should not wear it pulled back. Just my thoughts. Come on people - where are you????? Debbie
There is more to life than hair...Come on---Go get a life!!!!!!!
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 2:25am
When I got tired of dealing with damaged hair, I just cut it. Your choices are pretty much left to either cut it, or condition and Infusium and whatever else it takes to make it look healthy every day unless/until the damage grows out. *shrugs*
More awesome than a manatee!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 1:35pm
Hi Jacqui,

Thanks for sharing your photo. I think you look nice with your hair loose. You can't go wrong no matter what you decide.
LaCerca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaCerca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2004 at 11:39pm
I am very wary of haircutting now ever since the bangs incident. It's a huge change to let go of a foot of hair.

I am a hair texture freak, so I would just suggest putting some waves into it. Damage = frizziness, and a little frizz with waves looks fine.

In fact, those people in the magazines with perfect and precise hair look like they are sporting a wig.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2004 at 1:00am
anything looks good with a proper hairstylist and a good attitude.
ARGHH
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2004 at 10:07am
How much do you feel you would need to cut to get rid of the damage?
Rod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2004 at 12:59pm
The question is what you want. If damage is really bothering you, then you should get rid of it. You can try to repair the damage, but that is often difficult. Of course, if you want to keep the length, try the route.

If you're looking for an excuse to get something different, cut away the damage and then see if you're happy with that length. or go shorter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2004 at 4:58am
Thanks everyone, for all of your great responses. I guess I have had so many hair cur blunders that i fear I will have another. The damage is to about 4 inches from the ends up, all throughout the hair. P.S. The picture in the avatar is of one uncommon frizz free day. Picture some layers throughout and unruly stick out ends from about the shoulders down. I am still trying the conditioner route, but as of yet have not forund anything that will help it.

jacqui
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2004 at 8:22am
If you remember Lyris had the same issues you have and she got a great new style... I think the same style would look wonderful on you too.
SnJmom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SnJmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 5:17pm
HI , I just joined, But i was going through reading post, and i think your hair would look great in a bob . That would take the damaged ends off. HTH
Dont forget to tell the people in your life,
That you love them :) .
phd4ulee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phd4ulee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2004 at 2:56pm
I have some ideas that would really look great with your face shape and hair type. Email me and I will pass along some photos.

Lee - PHD4U
Hair today snipped tomorrow.
http://www.phd4u.com
Precision Hair Design for You
Katherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2004 at 11:37pm
I recommend just brushing the shoulders in back (cut so that it naturally curls under) with some tapering on the sides, and the same off-center part in your avatar - but that's my favorite style, so I'm biased! I do have a face shape like yours, however, and that style has worked well for me in the past.

I am curious - how did you get the damage? I cut off 8 inches 2 years ago after a miscarriage and stress caused damage, which brought my length up to shoulder length. Also, with fall coming, do you find you have less trouble with decreased humidity? Maybe you would not feel like you need a cut as much once humidity declines, depending on where you live.

dragoness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragoness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2004 at 10:59am
I have the same problem with extremely damaged hair on the ends...I went a long time without cutting it and was terrified to part with the "long hot" look. If you are really determined to keep your hair long then just have it trimmed twice as often and don't wear it up; everytime I wear my hair up for a long amount of time it seems to end up even more damaged then before...just try to be very gentle with it and don't over process it. It may also be good to point out how you dry your hair. (I quit towel drying and blowdrying alltogether and that helped quite a bit)
Grant me the serenity to accept the
things I can't change,the courage to
change the things I can't accept, and
the wisdom to hide the bodies of the
people I had to kill today because
they pissed me off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2004 at 6:01pm
Thanks everyone! Dragonness...I have gotten to the point where all I do after washing is wrap it in a soft towel foor a few mins...but I have to wear it up! I live in Florida and it is so****ing hot!
I will try to get it trimmed more often and seeif it helps.

Thansk for everyone's feedback.

jacqui
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic