Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Attitudes On Guys With Long Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BillB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Attitudes On Guys With Long Hair
    Posted: July 11 2011 at 2:33pm
Over the past couple of years there seems to have been a shift in attitudes about men wearing their hair long. Male models with long hair seem to be fairly commonplace now. As the photo and associated article Mid-Chest Hair Length for Men below shows they seem to be taken very seriously too.

man%20with%20long%20hair

The subject of guys with long hair is no longer just limited to Internet long hair sites. The fashion industry as a whole seems to be interested in the issue too. Check out the thread on Bartec Borowiec at The Fashion Spot for some interesting comments by women in the fashion industry concerning their thoughts on guys with long hair.

Borowiec is not alone male model Michael Tintiuc received similar reviews. The Fashion Spot site has a similar thread on him too.

Has anyone else noticed a recent change in attitudes towards guys wearing their hair long?

Edited by BillB - July 11 2011 at 2:48pm
Stacey_M1996 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacey_M1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2012 at 6:28pm
Bill, I totally agree that the fashion world has fallen hard for longhaired guys. The prime example is Andrej Pejic, the crossdressing model who appears in both men's and women's clothes. He was featured on the cover of Dossier with his long hair pinned in curls. (My husband & I got a kick out of this since I do his hair regularly in curlers the same way):

I also love the hair of the pro tennis player Alexandr Dolgopolov, who wears women's styles, with headbands, regularly on the court:
(I keep hoping to spot him in a tennis skirt, with a bow on his ponytail, but no luck yet!)

As for the "real world," I think yes, it's much more acceptable than it was a few years ago. My stylist, who does both my hair and my husband's (we've been known to do 'his-n-hers roller sets'Smile) says she sees a lot more young boys coming in with long hair and they're unafraid to try anything: curls, straightening, highlights, you name it.

I say it's about time!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic