Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My lacey is hurting me!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kiesha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My lacey is hurting me!!
    Posted: July 18 2011 at 8:32pm
Cry my hair line (where my lacey is attached) is hurting and burning. What should I do?
Strandzofadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandzofadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2012 at 2:54am
StrandzofaDiva
Strandzofadiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strandzofadiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2012 at 3:11am
Many people don’t realize wigs have a specific purpose in their design. Take a ¾ fall is designed to accommodate a person that has lots of fullness up front but issues with fullness and or growth in the back. Therefore the ¾ fall is the cure to bring balance.
Lace Front wigs were designed for those with receding hairlines. Think Tyra Banks such a forehead is a Lace front wigs perfect domain. The hair free area allows adhesive/bonding to be applied and the lace placed on point.
Deep Lace fronts can be better utilized by folks with strong receding hair lines and cases of alopecia. However, the realistic looking hairline lace creates has made the style a universal must for many.
So, persons with heavy/hairy hairlines opt to shave that area. Yes, this allows better adhesive/bond application and it allows the lace to be placed on the hair line as oppose to the forehead making it more realistic.
Opting to keep a heavy hairline and sport a Lacefront will result in soreness, irritation and eventually hair loss the friction proves to be too much stress on the hair follicles after a while. So, your options are shaving your hairline or using a front line lace wig ( glue-less) the front line lace wig is thinner and designed to sit immediately in front of your natural hair line.
StrandzofaDiva
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic