Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

thick bushy hair....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ForeverChaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForeverChaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thick bushy hair....
    Posted: September 16 2004 at 11:31am
Ok I have really thick hair that I have been keeping short for ever, now I want to grow out. the thing is when ever I dont have gel or something in it it looks bushy and dry/no shine at all.
Is there any way to make it so when it is nongelled it will look shiny and will lay flat?
Thanks a bunch,
Chaz
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2004 at 1:30pm
You could weigh it down with a silicone conditioner like Suave Biobasics, or Garnier Fructis. Both have coating ingredients that will make hair shinier, more plastic-like in some cases.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2004 at 8:19am
Hair mousse and blow drier
Flat iron and wax
Hair serum with air drying
Fibre Wax
Get your hair rebonded

ways to get rid of bushy hair.
ARGHH
ForeverChaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForeverChaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2004 at 9:54pm
k,
Thanx for your suggestions.
I think im going to try out one of the conditioners.
Mgkeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgkeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 6:34am
what does rebonded mean?? Actually i have this guys same problem

and ive tried everything on ur list, but with everything except the hair iron, my hair has to be wet which means it has the wet look when it dries. Also with the iron as soon as wind gets to my hair, it blows all out and bushy again. And the iron wont uncurl the back of my hair (invincible curls lol)
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 11:33am
Rebonded is a term commonly used around my area of the globe. It is basically a relaxing process for your hair but it includes a 180 Celcius hot flat iron to really keep the hair straight.
It is more expensive than normal relaxers takes around 3 to 10 hours to get done and does a really good job of keeping the hair very straight.
ARGHH
Mgkeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgkeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2004 at 9:20pm
hmmm for how long?? Cuz a flat iron last me a few hrs if i dont get into wind, and it poofs instantly if i get into wind.
claribuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claribuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2004 at 12:11pm
technically rebonding will last until your new roots grow. sometimes you may need a second treatment.
ARGHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic