Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair was strait, now it's curly...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shemonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shemonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair was strait, now it's curly...
    Posted: September 18 2004 at 12:10pm
All of my life I have had poker strait, fine but thick hair. As I am getting older, my hair has completely changed. It is now course, wavy and frizzy. It is also a lot thinner. The 'wave' starts about my ears down. Even my hairdresser commented on how thin my hair has gotten. She told me to stop wearing my hair in a ponytail all of the time because it might be causing it to break off. I am in good health and have not had any drastic changes in life or diet. I am now 37. Could wearing a ponytail everyday cause this 'wave' to be permanent and cause my hair to break off? YIKES!!!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2004 at 10:44am
Be careful what ponytail holders you use. The ones that are thin can bend and damage hair so it breaks easily, and the ones with the metal part on it do the same. The safest way to wear a ponytail is in a scrunchy, or other thick type of holder with no metal parts. The metal barettes also damage hair. I have a link in my signature to my website for making them safe to wear.

Hair can change consistency with age, so it may just be a normal hormonal change, but if you feel you are losing too much hair, it is always best to see a doctor and have tests to make sure your thyroid is functioning properly and that you're getting enough vitamins.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic