Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thick Long Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
m&m14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m&m14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thick Long Hair?
    Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:59pm
My goal is to have thick long hair in its natural form, the afro. :p

So here's the thing; 2 years ago I put in a box perm and I realized it was breaking off my hair. Now adays it's back and healthy. But here is the issue. I can't wear a press because I'm majorly into sports and I'll just sweat it out. And now I'm terrified of perms. My only 2 options is to wear weave (Like I do on a daily basis with braids) or go natural. I'd prefer to go natural. So are there any products, food, pills or anything that will get my hair thick and long in an afro. (It's thin btw lol) Soo... HELP?!
LaraMasterson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaraMasterson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 4:42pm
You owe it to yourself to at least attempt to go natural although it is very tough in modern day life with all of the chemicals, harsh treatments, and toxins out there. Black hair can be strong when allowed to grow naturally the right way.

The best thing you can do is avoid the damage. There is so much out there.

Good luck on this wonderful and hopefully rewarding journey.

Best Wishes,

Lara

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 24 2011 at 6:10am
terrydemola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terrydemola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2011 at 8:52am
Modern wigs are no longer the heavy, itchy expensive accessories the past. Your tresses will be rolled to form ringlets and to give that complete look; hair gel is added for a shiny, wet feel. You can also go for a bob cut with small curls.
aloxgayel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aloxgayel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2011 at 6:09pm
Hair is a thing very few people stop working. Coloring, straightening, cutting short the length of the growth of the knee, to enter the list. But all of this you need a simple matter, healthy, thick hair.

Edited by aloxgayel - September 15 2011 at 6:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic