Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hugh Laurie Shocked By Exit Of Lisa Edels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mdreyjt2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdreyjt2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hugh Laurie Shocked By Exit Of Lisa Edels
    Posted: September 03 2011 at 2:23am

House fans were shocked to learn that Dr. Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) would be leaving the show without any notice after executives said she and her co-stars would have to take pay cuts and now we’ve come to learn that House star Hugh Laurie was just as shocked.

Speaking to Zap2It Laurie said of the news:

“[Lisa's departure] came out of left field in my world too,” while he added, ”I don’t know who was privy to what at what time, but it was a great shock to me and everyone obviously misses her very greatly. Not only was she a great asset to the show as a performer, but we also just miss her company, because she is an absolute hoot to have around. She has been snapped up by another show and damn right, they’d be nuts not to. I hope she is having a great time, and I am sure she is.”

The other show Hugh is speaking of is The Good Wife in which Cuddy has a four episode arch.

Laurie also spoke about the future of the show, noting:

“Nobody has pounded the table and said, ‘Dammit, this is the last, and I’ll see you all in court!’ We’re all enjoying what we’re doing and proud of it. I think that’s the main thing. As long as… it’s a worthy endeavor, that’s its own reward. I have a feeling that we’ll all know come February or so, whether this is something that we should be going on with or not.”

House fans can tune in for the season premiere of the hit show when it returns to air on Monday, Oct. 3 on Fox at 9/8c.

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 05 2011 at 6:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic