Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair won't return to natural colour!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larsrocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larsrocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair won't return to natural colour!
    Posted: October 23 2011 at 2:45pm
What do you mean? My natural hair colour will never grow through again?

I've already cut my hair many times over the past year and it is still this reddish brown colour.

I assumed it was a case of growing out the bleach in the folicles then it would return to its natural shade. Why isnt this the case?
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 10 2011 at 4:54pm
bnbivi00 is right.  Sun in is like permanent hair color.  In order for you to get your natural hair color back you would have to cut it off.  Or, color over it.
Shannon D. Bax
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 4:40pm
Is it Red at the root or red where you put sun in last year? If it is red at the root, I don't have an answer. If it is red where it has grown out, that makes sense. Sun In permanently changed the color of your hair and it will never be back to the same. You can color it yourself or cut it off...but it will never go back to "Natural".
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
larsrocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larsrocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2011 at 1:51pm
Last year I experimented using sun in hair lightener on my hair to see whether I could turn it blonde. I naturally have very dark brown / black hair and of course as everyone told me, in turn, my hair turned ginger/red...

Nearly a year later after I last applied it to my hair, IT STILL HAS RED IN IT! It's a reddish brown colour and there doesnt seem to be a lot of progress of it getting back to my very dark natural colour.

Why is this happening to me and why have I been condemned to having red hair?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic