Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

gold toner on ash highlights?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Itstime1109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itstime1109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: gold toner on ash highlights?
    Posted: November 16 2011 at 10:02am
Hello!

I'm hoping I can get some advice on what to do with my too-ashy highlights. I've just started doing my own hair (moved from NYC area to a third world country...). My stylist suggested that I use Loreal 9A on my dark blond/light brown roots, as the easiest way to closely to match what I've been doing -- good advice, but I got it on my highlights and ends, which picked up way too much ash/gray. I've been reading things about a demi-color/toner. I'd like to make them a light sunny blond again, but vaguely remember trying something similar when I was a teen and ending up with greenish hair. Are there toners I can use that would put the gold back without risking greens/purples, etc?

Thanks so much for your help.
Savy Stylist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Savy Stylist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 6:56am
I would strongly suggest that you go back to your stylist. From my experience, Once you start trying to tone or correct color on your own hair, you end up with a mess.  Also, you will not get sunny bright highlites just by adding a toner.  That will actually make your hair darker.  Sometimes even if you use gold, it will come out looking grey ( depending on the porosity and condition of your hair).
S-S
Itstime1109 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Itstime1109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 9:36am
Hmm, sounds like the best thing for me to do is just wait it out until it fades or I get back to the States. Thanks for the response.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic