Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SHould I cut my hair for this job??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thepicmonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepicmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SHould I cut my hair for this job??
    Posted: December 11 2011 at 11:48am
Ok so I was offered a job at a salon to be a hair model for a makeover video. Basically they would cover the mirror and give me a whole new look. The hairdresser gave me some of his ideas but I'm still not to sure. Also on the contract I have to allow him total artistic freedom with my hair, makeup, clothes, etc. plus for the clothes and nails part Ill be blindfolded. Also after the video aurs( about a week after shooting) I have to wear the whole look for 2 weeks to a month to advertise. Is this worth being paid 300 bucks?

P.s. my hair is currently brown, thick, and wavyish curly. It's almost down to my elbows and is cut into side bangs and long layers. I also have blue eyes, pale skin, and an oval face. The hairstylist wants me to get a short bob or pixie that's blonde with blue streaks with matching makeup and clothes ....... But he hasn't decided yet!
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2011 at 9:32pm
Hi,

Keep in mind that you the stylist will have "total artistic freedom".

Only you can decide if that's worth $300 or not.  Also, your makeover photos may be in circulation for literally years.  Are you OK with that? 

It could take you up to a year for you to regrow your hair or recover from any dyes, bleaches or color. 

If you need the money and are OK with giving up all rights to how your hair is colored, cut and styled than go for it.  If not....remember that you are signing a contract where you give up your rights to say about your hair.

It is a hard question.  Take your time and think it through completely.

Good luck.

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
OpenseAnils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OpenseAnils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2011 at 5:09pm
If you don't mind what your hair might look like and $300 is worth it to you, why not?
Sparrowhawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2011 at 5:14pm
How fast does your hair grow?  Two... how much money can you make using that hair style?

Any model will be thrown out on the street eventually at any moment... with the hair that man makes.

So, know you growth style.  Your hair grows at certain rate.  If 2 months is all it takes to be where you want to be for your length?  Maybe.

Think of the time you spend getting your hair to it's "normal" length"  Is the money worth it.

WHo will it effect... boyfriend, for instance... things to think about...
Hair is a three-dimensional sentient
work of art!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2012 at 10:40pm

Umm I wouldn’t do it personally. It sounds like you have nice long hair and if you aren`t willing to put in the time to grow it back to its original length which can be a long process I say don`t do it. It is totally up to you of course but to me $300 dollars it a small amount of money...so for me it wouldn’t be worth it but if you really need the job then you have to consider that too.

stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 10:45am
$300 -- no way. Maybe $3000 but for $300, in my opinion, it isn't worth it.
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 9:55pm

I guess you have to consider if this is something you really want to do. 

And can you be "ok" with letting this stylist have total free reign over your looks?

For me, the $300 is not worth it for such an extreme change in cut/color.  But that's just my .02.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic