Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Egypt Head Shaving & Wigs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sparrowhawk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Egypt Head Shaving & Wigs
    Posted: December 19 2011 at 5:46pm
Hi, Phil here.

Ladies, gentlemen?  Hair is subject that has gone on for centuries.  What should it be, how should it look, and what is exceptable?

Did you know, 2500 years ago in Egypt, no one had hair.  Yes!  I am not kidding!  No one had hair at all.  Men and women shaved their heads in happy joy to all to see!

And, if you had any hair on your head they moved away from you like you were some type monster!!

Why?

Lice!  It was that simple.  So everyone in egypt had to hair.  But it didn't stop there.  Do you really think that a society, a whole society would go with out any head hair?

Maybe in sci-fi show?

NO!!

They had wigs.  Yes... great wigs.

I am seeing all these girls thyinking there heads are bald and looking at a shop that had wigs.  "Beauty Trends," makes a killing!

THe reason was lice.  Lice was everywhere.  And, the ancient egyptions did not believe in bathing the way we do.  THe bathed in oil... mostly olive oil...so they stunk!  Which made more lice.

The aristocrasy got the best... real hair wigs to where during ceremonial occasions. The middle class got sheep hair wigs... died and presentable.  And, welll if you were poor like me... men women, and children had no hair... which saved on haistylist costs... but, that was there way.

So now you know about hair... in the olden days.  If you thought we were battleing beatiful hair all these years... yeh right...

So when you read these theads...all the ads... the products... are from now.  And here they come.

Hair is a three-dimensional sentient
work of art!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic