Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hey Please Help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairymclairy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairymclairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey Please Help
    Posted: February 08 2012 at 9:47am
I'm James. I'm 23. Smile

I've got long hair, and I've had long hair for about 8 years now.
For one reason or another I've decided that pretty soon I'm going to have my hair cut short. The trouble is I have no idea what sort of hairstyle I want and I have no idea what would suit me.

Is there a forum on this message board where I could post a picture of myself and get suggestions?
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 7:18pm
You should be able to paste a picture of yourself when you post.  Haven't sone it, personally, but is able to be done.

The question is how much comes off?  That depends on, not as much style as what you are looking for in society.

For instance, you might want the "clean cut" classic guy hair cut... which means the back and the sides are short.  Sometimes the back is a little long and the sides short, or the back is short and the sides are long.  Do you want to cover the ear or have it shown?

The top can be long.. long enough that when you comb it back, it ends somewhere behind the crown... or it can be shorter and combed over, side ways or what ever.

It depends on the face.  Guys faces should be square.  An illusion of a square jaw is good.  Have you ever seen a presedent with a limpy jaw?  Even George Wahington's jaw was painted to HIS satisfaction to give him that square jaw look.  Boyishness only goes so far and then it's gone and the square jaw it looked for.  Even beards are molded to give this.

Basically, looking at pictures of guys with cool haircuts and presenting them to a hairstylists can be risky... since they have to shape everything to it and it might be impossible to get.  Look for a picture that resembles your own face shape.  If it looks good, that's the one.  But, only a hairstylist trained to find this for you will be able to give it to you.  Just don't pick something from a model who does not have your face shape... yikes... 
Guys like me notice!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 12:42pm

Maybe you should look around on the net, there is tons of information on hair and you may be able to find photos of styles you like or a style that inspires you. You can also take some of these styles into a very good hair dresser and get their opinion on which would best suit your face and bone structure.

Edited by Ericachristina - April 08 2012 at 12:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic