Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Hair But Receding?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
PeteSampras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteSampras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair But Receding?
    Posted: March 07 2012 at 6:04pm
Hey guys. So I have long hair, I've had it for 6 years, and for the past 3 years I always tied it back in a ponytail. I wondered, since I read a few things about it, if it would cause my hairline to recede, so I immediately stopped.

So here's a picture of me, with my hair tied back of course. Is my hairline receding/messed up? If it is, is it permanent? Thanks in advance.

I'm a doctor and I suck
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2012 at 5:07pm

Hi,

The receding could definitely be due to pulling your hair back; in fact in my blog one of my hair tips is to not pull your hair back tightly because repeatedly tugging back your roots like this causes them to recede. Lose ponytails are definitely better.

You can try some products for thinning hair; check out your local beauty supply store. The only brand I know of is the Folicure hair care line, and I haven’t myself but my aunt had thinning hair in some area and she used this product. It may help thicken up your hair in the areas that receded.

Also try doing some scalp massages with coconut oil; massaging the scalp will increase circulation to the follicles and may help your hair grow in thicker and fuller where it has receded.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic