Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Made an appointment!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Made an appointment!
    Posted: March 30 2012 at 2:07pm
So, I have made an appointment at a new salon with a new stylist.  YAY!

So, what are your thoughts for the 1st visit? 

Do I go for a change?
Do I let her have some free reign?
Or do I play it safe with just a trim on visit #1?

I am nervous and excited! 
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 2:55pm
Tell her your there because your ready for a change and give her free reign.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 4:21pm
Most stylist want a return visit, therefore, they usually play it safe the first time. If you set the expectation that you left your old stylist because you wanted to try something totally different and they wouldn't. BUT, I wouldn't let them have free reign. Again, they will always play it safe because they want a return visit. Therefore, I would suggest taking in several cuts that you are considering and then let them have freedom from there.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2012 at 9:25pm
bnbivi00 has some good points...take some examples, tell her why you are looking for a new stylist, ask her what she thinks...come out with a new exciting hairstyle....good luck
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2012 at 8:59pm
Thanks for the thoughts.  Excellent points have been made.  I appreciate the advice, all.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic