Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone else had this problem?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
HarleyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarleyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone else had this problem?
    Posted: April 06 2012 at 11:20am
Hello everyone! I'm new here but I figured this would be the place to ask for some advice. Has anyone else who has long hair or is growing out there hair long had to deal with people laughing at you goals?

LEt me just say I am 22 years old and i'm quite capable of forming my own decisions about growing my hair. My goal length is to eventually get down to my knees. It's a dream i've had since I was little but my family always kepy my hair short and tried to scare me out of long hair. When I told them I wanted to grow it that long they laughed and rolled their eyes and told me everyone who has long hair like that is always in bad condition and that the ends of the hair are always thin and straggly.

I have honestly yet in all my days to see anyone with long hair whose ends look like that...so I do not know what they are talking about. So now I don't mention it anymore and am quietly letting my hair grow.
Here is a picture of me the day I got my hair cut March 11, 2011

And here is my hair about a week ago:

I got thick wavy hair but I promise when it's wet it's true length is about 2 inches longer than this.

Do you think this is good growth?

Edited by HarleyQ - April 06 2012 at 11:27am
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2012 at 12:38pm

Seems like you achieved a lot of length, good job! I think the longer hair suits you. People will be people and despite them agreeing with you or not they will voice their opinions even when they aren’t asked for. Some people just have different taste and it seems like they have formed ideas of long hair that aren’t conducive to your goals. At the end of the day it is your hair and your right to change it and do what you like with it. You will find in life not everyone will always support you in your decisions but don’t let that stop you from achieving what you set out to do.

Good luck!

AutumnLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AutumnLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2012 at 6:42am
You are old enough to know what you want.  Don't listen to your family!  Some women who grow their hair very long do not get it trimmed and the ends get shaggy and scraggly.  If you get it trimmed once in a while when you notice the ends are split then you can have long beautiful hair. 
Just a bit of advice from one long haired lady to another.  When you wash your hair, do it when you can let it air dry.  Heat is not kind to hair.  Using a blow dryer is very damaging to hair. 
Wait untill your hair is at least partially dry to comb it.  I use a very wide toothed comb and gently remove tangles. Hair is very prone to breakage when it's wet. 
Use scrunchies or hair elastics which have no metal.  Those little metal thingies are brutal when they get tangled in long hair.
I wish you much success in your quest for long beautiful hair!!
Emirii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emirii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2012 at 7:37pm
Let your hair grow out! It looks pretty.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 30 2012 at 7:28am
Your hair looks great. I hope you will reach your goal. This board is the best place to get support in growing your hair long.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2012 at 6:48pm
HarleyQ:

Are you for real?  That amount of hair? If that is not true, I will shoot you!  And, after you die, I will shoot you again.  Then, I will revive you for the last time and commend you for such cute hair.

Never ever allow anyone how you should wear your own hair.  Even your parents.  Even my own daughter.  She can where her hair anyway she wants becasue she is my daughter and all I see is her wellbeing.  But, you should never allow anyone to govern the way you look.

It's because you are you.  And, only you can say what is best for you!

But, I can say this.  From your first picture... which is just a snapshot out of the blue of you when you are exactly who you are with no strings attached... your cute enough.  With your next picture, which shows the bare nakedness of picture showing without makeup and any metal addons... again you show me the importance of what I am writing about.

It's cool.  You show me in a mirror from a car how you appear in everyday, then a picture of yourself in "MORE" everyday."  If anyone on this post condemns you for that... I will kill them for it's daring and completely beautiful to me... and they know nothing about beauty anyways.

I am glad you are interested in growing your hair long.  Everyone disagrees with me... but the truth is... wWat does little boys see that shows them that the girls their age are girls?  Pink dresses?  No Long hair.  When they start loveing girls... what do they see... the first think that came into there minds when they were three... long hair... and, even now.

If you are looking for guys... and even though I am a guy and think guys are just horribew hairy apes as far as sexual objects go.. then you are looking for them... hairy as they might be...

But, I respect your ideas of guys being cute... though they are completely ugly.  Yet, I understand psycholology and socialogy and where all that mixes in with biology and  I can safely say...

If you want long hair?  Go for it!  Do not tell anyone what you should do
Guys like me notice!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic