Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help me decide on hair colour and style!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ginger_Ninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginger_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help me decide on hair colour and style!
    Posted: April 15 2012 at 1:48am
Hey guys,
Newbie here looking for opinions. I've been thinking about changing my hair for a while. I had it long but cut it into a short pixie a few years ago and have started growing it back. It's now cut into a short (v. short!) bob in the hopes of it growing out equally.

I want opinions on whether it's better short or long. Hair is naturally red and curly, not blonde and straight :)

Short:

Long (excuse pics, they are about 3-4 years old!):

Other thing is the colour. I quite like it blonde, but I tried this style on a virtual hairstyler (procrastination of the highest order) last night, and quite liked it! What do you think? Leave it natural, colour it blonde, or do it this reddish colour?

Sorry for picture overload everybody! Any opinions or advice are greatly appreciated. Hope I posted this in the right place :)
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 2:12pm
It's a tough one, you look great in the first picture and most of the other where it is short.  You also look good with it long, but in my opinion if it's long it looks better when it's straight. Both your natural colour and blonde suite you equally well.
As much as i think you look best with it long blonde and straight (how stereo typical am i) i think overall you look amazing in most of the picture where it is short and your natural colour. Again i got to say i love your look in the first picture. 
Ok i've finally made my mind up.  Stay short definately suite you better.
let me know what you decide and how you get on.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 2:57pm
I like all the straight pics better (long or short).  I like the reddish color.  Now for the hard question (long or short)....I just got a gut feeling that you would look the best with a very short red pixie (above the ears and short bangs).
My thoughts
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 4:32pm
Blonde and straight; let it grow for awhile.
HAWG
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 18 2012 at 5:40pm

I actually liked how your hair looked in the 5th photo, I liked the sweeping bangs. In my opinion I think the longer hair looks better.

OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 10:21pm
I like the last pic the best.  Great color and a little length but not long.
Ginger_Ninja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginger_Ninja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2012 at 8:14am
Thanks for all the replies everyone :) Lots of mixed answers! For now I've decided to colour it as per the bottom picture. I'm pretty nervous about it, even thinking of cancelling, but I think it's because I'm worried about the regrowth etc etc.

Also continuing to grow it for now, but I think I'll end up cutting it off again at some point, because as lovely as long hair is - I always just end up with it tied up, and it gets dry easily and falls out! :(

Any more thoughts are welcome :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic