Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would short hair suit me?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TDurden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDurden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 2:00am
Originally posted by cyhairctr cyhairctr wrote:

Hey guys. This is a makeover but I doubt Rachel28 is the owner. Check out this link from 2007.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericathepimp/2243545125/

Wow! Talk about doing your research.  I have to admit though that it actually raises even more questions.  The flicker files didn't include the specific "after" pic Rachel28 uploaded...dumdum the plot thickens...

PS what's with the uptick in makeover id theft...maybe a correlation with the end of the school year?
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 3:19am
Looks like 'Rachel28' has taken us all for a ride, are any of the makeovers on this site real?

So whats the thought on these people who post hoaxes, are they people who just like to take us 'hair interest' types for a ride, or are they 'hair interest' people themselves and just get off in seeing how we react?
Alex04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 3:31am
Originally posted by TDurden TDurden wrote:

Originally posted by cyhairctr cyhairctr wrote:

Hey guys. This is a makeover but I doubt Rachel28 is the owner. Check out this link from 2007.http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericathepimp/2243545125/
Wow! Talk about doing your research.  I have to admit though that it actually raises even more questions.  The flicker files didn't include the specific "after" pic Rachel28 uploaded...dumdum the plot thickens...PS what's with the uptick in makeover id theft...maybe a correlation with the end of the school year?

I've just looked at Flickr and as previously said this doesn't seem as straight forward as you'd think! The photos are under 'ericathepimp' photo stream but if you look through her photos the ones with short hair are missing, but there are photos of her with longer hair and her name is.....Rachel.

Would you use your own name on a spoof? umm!

Could the date on the camera be set wrong, that's happened to me before!

Finally neither photo used is in the photo stream, and I would say that in the short haired photo she does look a similar age to her more recent photos on Flickr..........

Edited by Alex04 - May 21 2012 at 4:00am
cyhairctr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyhairctr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 8:58am
Great theory but that is not the case. She is a model and the cut did take place in 2007. Think what you may but this is a hoax. 
send me a pic I will see what I can do!
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 12:37pm
My .02

I am sure (and think it was definitively proven here)that some of these message board posts are made up. I'm really not sure that I care.

I feel a little sorry for the people who take the time and energy to do stuff like this. Message boards are not something that I take seriously or consider to be substantive enough to put that much energy into. It is interesting to see a few pictures. It is interesting to see what people's reactions are to those pictures. I don't think I'm invested enough in the people in those pictures to care whether they are real or fake.

Its kind of interesting in general to see how strongly opinionated people are about this stuff.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic