Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

need a new style and color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ragdollragdoll1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragdollragdoll1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need a new style and color
    Posted: May 24 2012 at 5:30am
This is my hair.I want to get it cut because it is to thick and I think the color is too dark for me. My hair is 1 inch above the shoulders.I think that it is time for it to become shorter. I also want to color it. I was thinking something dramatic.My hair is the first step in reinventing me.I want my hair to look good while I am losing weight.When my hair is dry it gets fizzy and I look like bozo.

Edited by ragdollragdoll1 - May 24 2012 at 1:26pm
CryinLion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CryinLion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2012 at 3:36pm

First of all, I love your curly hair ^^

But if you want a switch up, I would say do the majority of that with a cool, brown coloring. And by "cool", I am talking about the tone, because you appear to have a cool skin tone.

Check this color out. I know if may look similar to your dark hair now, but just a subtle change like this would make a big difference:
http://www.clairol.ie/perfect10/nice-easy-hair-colour-shades/Medium-Ash-Brown-5a

As for the style, personally I really love the femininity of your current style. It has some great movement. I would avoid bangs - I love your forehead shape and I think bangs would make your head look too short. If you did get any, make them very thin.

If you're having trouble with your hair spazzing out, you might want to ask your hairstylist to thin your hair, or to add layers (especially to the back).

Mostly, I encourage you to harness the power of your awesome curls. Poke around on forums for some home recipes. I've heard coconut oil or olive oil can make great leave-in conditioners for some. I also encourage you to refrain from shampooing frequently, because this may possibly be stressing your hair out.

So I guess my advice is to change, but not "drastically". As you work on your body, don't feel the need to make everything a drastic change. I know what it's like to want to improve myself, but from my experience, if you "improve" yourself too much, you start forgetting all the great things you initially had.

Edited by CryinLion - May 24 2012 at 3:40pm
ragdollragdoll1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragdollragdoll1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2012 at 7:56pm
i was thinking of a curly pixie cut

bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2012 at 8:01am
I think a better picture would be good. Can you take a pic when you aren't looking down?
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
kimadam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimadam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 03 2012 at 3:27am
The effectively designed style compliments the face shape. It flatters the individual's size, the skin tone, and the eye color. The best style will focus on the most beautiful features while minimizing the weak facial features. It will make the most powerful features pop and be noticed next after the hair.

Edited by Karen Shelton - August 21 2012 at 10:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic